Chapter 24

The only thing on my mind is Robert does have a life and really, would he give up that to be with us? Probably not, I'll just see how long it lasts, like I said, my mother loves him but not in that way, NOT IN THAT WAY I CALLED HIM FIRST! I decided to go to my room and go out onto the balcony and draw, I like to be alone sometimes, it isn't anything about Robert not being good or something I just like to be alone sometimes.

I decided to draw Robert as Sherlock Holmes just for a change, I am a professional drawer and maybe I could ask Robert if he could sign a drawing. I have a photographic memory so I drew him in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. It took a while and I finally got done finishing with shading. Just for fun I took out another sheet and drew Robert from a photo shoot and put one of his quotes in the middle which is "The lesson is you can still make mistakes and be forgiven".

Then I heard the door open to go out to my balcony, I looked and it was my mother. She smiled ever so kindly and sat next to me, I waited for Robert to come out any time now but no sign of him, I finally asked my mom where he was and just then I heard a car door shut and start up, I looked over the edge and it was him leaving.

"He said he had to leave for a while" she said. I watched him drive away, 'leave for a while' how long is a while? Is it for a year or is it for just a few minutes? I stayed silent and my mother shook me lightly saying my name, I came out of my thoughts and looked over at her, a slight smile appeared on her face as she took my drawing away from me looking at it. Her eyes lite up with happiness as she then focused her attention on me.

"You're an amazing drawer Miranda. You have such talent, why didn't you ever take art lessons or be in competitions?" She asked. I looked at her and shrugged, "I do horrible when I'm under pressure or being forced to draw something. It's just like with writing, I can't do that unless I get to write what I want to and I'm not under pressure." I explained. She nodded, so she understood which is a good thing, if it was my father he would've never understood. I just think that my mother never wanted to be with my father because everytime I asked about the good times they had she always said she doesn't remember. 

Just then, here came that familiar car, obviously Robert. I ran inside and down the steps and rushed outside to give him a hug. I know it seems strange but it's just, he is like, I can't even explain it. It's different with him around, it just is somehow. I always remembered being that one girl who sat in the back of the classroom drawing or writing, I never was one of the very social people till I met my friend. But having Robert here, I'm not afraid to be myself anymore. I actually am social and not just cramed up in my room doing nothing, maybe Robert being here is the best thing that's ever happened to me.