Chapter 15

"What!! What did he do?!" I yelled. 

"Well, he um... threw me into a wall and started punching me and kept repeating "She loves me!! Go away Go die!" and so I had to fight back." He explained.

"Y-your face..." I said looking at all the cuts. His beautiful face, now a bloddy mess. 

"Miranda, I'm okay. As long as you're okay and you're not hurt" He said in a calm voice. 

"But... I am hurt" 

"What?! He hurt you?!" Robert questioned. I shook my head and looked over to my mom.

"Daddy...." I said barley letting the words escape out of my mouth. Robert sighed and sat next to me comforting me. 

"I know it's hard Miranda, but just remeber, I'll always be here for you" 

I hugged him not ever wanting to let go, my mother came and sat next to Robert, it's like my new family. Hopefully everything will be okay, I mean Robert's here so hopefully it will be. I swear if James shows up again, I'm going to call the cops! Or I'll just go to Amanda's and get her dad. I then stood up and looked at Robert, "Let's go clean up your face" I said, he smiled and followed me to the bathroom. 

"I'm sorry Miranda" He said. I shook my head and told him not to worry about it. IO grabbed a wash cloth and put warm water on it. I lightly put it to his face and wiped the blood off, he flinched a couple times in pain. I hate seeing people in pain, especially him! As I continued to wipe the blood away eh grabbed my hand and stopped me. "Okay that's enough" He said in pain. 

"I'm sorry" I said, he chuckled and told me it was okay. We walked back into the living room but then we past my piano, I got it when I wanted to learn how to play the piano. Robert walked over and sat on the stool, I sat next to him and my mother walked over and stood next to me. He began to play, by the pattern of the notes I knew it was a song. He began to sing, then I knew. 

"Smile though your heart is aching, smile even though it's breaking, when ther are clouds in the sky you'll get by if you smile through your fear and sorrow, smile or maybe tomorrow, you'll see the sun come shining through for you" He sang. It was the song "Smile"

I loved that song so much! His voice was perfect, and still is. He's the reason I wanted to learn how to play piano, but I quit because I didn't have enough time. Then he sang my favorite part.

"Although a tear may be ever so near, that's the time you must keep on trying smile whats the use of crying you'll find that life is still worth while if you just smile." As he continued to sing I layed my head on his shoulder and just listened. Then, I fell asleep, once he got done he picked me up and asked my mother where my room was. She pointed up the stairs and he began walking up them counting how many stairs. Then he walked into my room, as he layed me down in my bed he smiled and kissed me goodnight then said,

"Goodnight Miranda, I love you."