Chapter Thirty-Eight

"StuStu!" I yelled as I banged on his hotel room door, I heard he's back from leave and I really need to see him. I need help from outside my family and friends, a male perspective and I know he won't sugarcoat it.

STU, YOU MUGGLE. OPEN SESAME!!" I banged on the door a few more times and it opened revealing the British man with an amused smile playing at his lips.

"Well 'ello crumpet."

"Take that 'ello and suck it dry you tosser! How come I'm just hearing that you're back?"

He let out a loud laugh that reverberated off the walls and my lips twitched at the sound. He pulled me in for a hug which I returned. "Can I come in?"

"Stu, who's that?"

I peeked around his frame to see a black haired girl standing in the centre of the room wearing a batman tank and flannel pajama bottoms.

"StuStu you sly fucker, I didn't know Rachel was here." I slapped his stomach.

"Is that Rhi?"

"In the flesh girl." I shoved Stu out of the way before running into the room to embrace his girlfriend.

"Please come in." He grunted playfully.

"If you guys were busy playing hanky panky I can come back another time." Stu glared at me as Rachel's cheeks tinged red.

Stu came to join us on the bed. "No offense Rhi but you look like shit."

"Thanks Stu, self esteem booster right there."

Rachel slapped his head. "Don't be a dick, but you don't look like yourself Rhi, what's up?"

"Nick." I sighed.

"I heard you gave him a proper ass chewing!" Stu exclaimed.

I cringed. "Ew, that's a gross way of putting it but yeah, I got so fed up with him and the dam exploded. I went batshit banshee woman on his ass but instead of feeling relieved I feel shitty and I have no idea why."

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

"Honestly, no."

"Then what's there to feel shitty about?"

"He hurt me, I wouldn't say he broke my heart but I was devastated, he made me see things I didn't see in myself and I liked that, he made me feel special and then he fucked me over for Eva. I trusted him, of course a naive part of me thought he'd be faithful and then the rational part knew this whole thing was doomed from the start."

"What about Landon?"

A smile graced my lips. "He's the Cory to my Topanga. He's helping me heal, he's not a rebound. I've always liked Landon. I love what he have and I don't want to jeopardize that. I didn't think he'd like me back let alone love me but I'm willing to take a chance with him."

"Aww!" The couple cooed and I blushed in response.

"I haven't told him what happened yet, I need to."

"You should and have you spoken to your brothers about what's going on?"

I went rigid. "No." I whispered.

"Why the bloody hell not?"

I have no idea.

"I don't know, but I need them now more than ever. I'm exhausted and just fed up and on edge and I don't know how to deal with it. It feels like my batteries won't recharge."

"When last have you had a proper meal crumpet?"

"Three days." I mumbled and their eyes widened.

"Have you lost your shit?" Rachel snapped.

"You've got to be bloody joking?" Stu growled.

I flinched at the ferocity in his voice, his accent thickened which, made it scarier. "I've lost my appetite."

"Well you better fucking find it!"

Someone's knickers are in a twist.

"What did you just say?"

Oops.

I flopped back on the bed.

"Rhi you can't be doing stuff like this, you have a job and you need to be a hundred and ten percent at all times. Not everybody gets an opportunity like this so you need to make the most of it."

"Thanks guys. I mean it."

"No problem, now go back to your room and have a shower then tell your brothers to have dinner with you, you need to let them in. They may not say anything but they're worried, so you need to eat and get some sleep for fucksake." Stu rambled.

"I will." I whispered.

"Don't let Nick drag you down, he'll get what's coming to him one day."

I gave them both a hug and they pecked me on the cheek.

"I appreciate this guys."

Rachel smiled softly. "Happy to help."

"We're always here for you, now get out so Rachel and I can get back to Hanky Panky!"