Ch. 7 - Answers (part 2)

Sophie's POV

"What happened?" A small voice interrupted my humming. I looked at the source and found Jason on the threshold. His eyes were wide with alarm and confusion. Of course, when you see a fully grown and adult man crying and being hugged by a girl a lot smaller than him, anyone would freak out.

"I think I broke him." I answered helplessly.

My arms were still wrapped around his broad shoulders. Thankfully, a snort from Nate was released, convincing me that he was a little past his break down. But as I tried to move away, his embrace went tighter, holding my in place. I looked back at the clueless Jason, his adorable eyes kept its sight worriedly at Nate.

"Jason." I called softly, making his eyes snapped to meet mine. His little form was showing how distressed he is, making my heart clench at the sight. "Could you please get me a glass of water for this hulk?" As the last word left my lips, a growl which sounded inhuman came from the man I'm holding. Yet I chose to ignored it and let my hand sooth his untamed soft hair. This seems to be the magic cause instantly, his body relaxes and a sigh left his lips, covering the side of my neck that he choose to conquer.

Gently, but with a little power, I tried to push myself away from Nate. Thankfully, he agreed this time yet his left arm still remained on its position on my waist. Red and puffy. That's what his eyes as soon it met my blue ones. His lips were set into a thin line where his cheeks are red. He grumbled about losing his masculinity card and other things that makes no sense to me.

And I let him be. Then Jason arrived back and immediately handed me the glass, passing it to a grateful but grumpy Nate. "This never happened." He seethes, but his eyes held gentleness.

This made my chuckle in return and shook my head in disbelief. "I couldn't promise you that." I taunted, meeting his look with my own smirk. "But I'll do my best." I added with a wink; fully know that the first storm was finish.

"Should we continue?" he nodded with a recovered sigh. I let his arms stay wrapped around my waist for his comfort. Who am I kidding; it's also for my own selfishness. I looked around the place and saw that we were alone again. So the little jinx has also a ninja skill.

"The monster that possessed the guy listened to your command. No human could do that." I started, letting him know what direction I'm currently taking. "Not that I like having a twilight moment, but, what truly are you?" I went straight to the point.

This didn't shock him, instead his eyes regarded me. Calculating.

"The brutal truth, Nathan." I insisted, making him sigh in defeat. His eyes showed doubt, or even fear as it met my determined ones.

"A werewolf."

His answer is low, almost a whisper. His eyes are wide with unknown expectation as his arms tighten around my waist, as if prisoning me if I just decided to run while screaming bloody murder. His hand that was on his lap shakes visibly. His breathing was becoming hollow as my silence took longer. Cold sweat was starting to form on his forehead. But my mind held one word.

"Damn."

He violently jumped before stuttering, "W-what?"

I leaned my head back with a sigh of defeat. "I was so close!" I exclaimed.

"I don't understand." He said, his voice was laced with pure confusion.

"I'm confident that you were a vampire." This made him to release another inhuman growl.