Ch. 50 - Blurry pit of hell

Sophie's POV

"You're mother..." I mumbled in realization, leading the Alpha to laugh but not in humorous way.

"It's so fucking cliché, isn't?" he snorted before his eyes went back into blankness, supporting his use of voice as if he was narrating an overused story in robotic manner.

"Turns out that despite his cruelness and exterior of nonchalant, my father of an ass couldn't let go his most wanted desire to have his mate. As his supposed to be perfect family created the powerful household, he was visiting his newly conquered packs, there met the love of his life." He then looked up to me with a forced smile.

"Guess what happened next."

"He broke up with Genesis to be with your mother?" I asked. Being as logical as I could be.

Shaking his head, he went back and rested his head at my shoulders while sighing in distress. "That would be ideal, isn't?" he asked, almost to himself. "But no, Angel. He did nothing to break his so called perfect family."

"His obsession towards his current power and his love to my mother became a tag of war to him. He couldn't choose. Or better yet- he wouldn't. He was too proud and greedy to let one go.

With my most unbiased words, my mother have this natural beauty. She was soft and gentle, the complete opposite of the power-hungry Genesis. Her whole being always prioritizes the others welfare. The mother Theresa of the werewolf world." He chuckled dryly.

"My father loves her dearly, every single thing about her made him the happiest. But instead giving his mate her most deserving affection, he made my mother... to be the other woman. He kept Genesis and Alex, since they were the key for his prized possession, he let them think that they were still the perfect family.

My mother, no matter how beautiful and kind she is... my father found it weak. A substance which he doesn't need to rule his goal. To his eyes, his love for her was meant to drag her away but not let her to step in his own pack. He protected her, he loved her, and he cherished her in his own sick way.

But the truth remained solid. He kept her as his dirty little secret." He gritted in distast.

The Alpha is now breathing heavily, and slightly shaking in anger every time he spat the words as if it disgusts him. And to be completely honest, I feel the same out most disgust and hatred to his father who I still haven't met.

How I wish I would never meet him.

"My mother tried to break free from him. She knew who he was before they even met. His name was all over our kind for her not to know how ugly and cruel his decisions were. So it wasn't questionable that she almost wanted to run away as soon as she felt the mate bond to the man who should never be crossed with.

Yet, she couldn't fight him enough, he was too strong, both physically and mentally. No matter how she hates his actions, she cannot fight the bond whenever my father comes running to her for comfort, to be loved, to be cared, to be just him.

She knew that she became my father's salvation, a shelter were he pour his heart out. Because no matter what, a mate is a bond that is impossible to break once you had a taste of it."

"Do you hate him for it?" I asked, and regretted it as soon the last word came out. How dumb could I be?

"Angel, it is just one of the countless reasons why I loathe him. Hell, we're not even close for me to call him my 'father'." He replied, the edge to his voice came so strong that I actually freaked me out. Yet before I could utter another stupidity, the front door burst open, revealing my frantic brother. Instantly destroying our vulnerable talk.