Ch. 22 - Whirlwind Lunch

Sophie's POV

I shouldn't have said it.

I shouldn't have admitted it.

I shouldn't have realized that I like him.

Now I couldn't look straight at him without blushing like a tomato. I haven't even said it to him, and I'm already having a hard time having him around.

"Why are you so... jumpy?" Levi asked when I jumped when the doorbell rang.

"Nothing." I mumbled and went to clean my plate. Vicky stood up and got the door but she sent me a look like I was a puzzle she was solving before doing so.

Low murmurs were heard from the door way before it got louder as it comes closer to kitchen where I was in.

"Baby girl, seriously, what's wrong?" Levi asked again, I turned to look at him and met his concerned eyes.

"It's nothing. I was just thinking about the English subject that will be given later." It wasn't exactly a lie. Mr. Williams is known to give a torture-like project.

He looked at skeptically before nodding. "I'm sure you'll do well in that. You weren't a straight A student for nothing." He encourage. "It's a shame that you need a great help in Math, though." He added with a laugh.

"Rude!" I huffed and grabbed my bag as I went to kiss his cheek goodbye. I walked in the living room and found Nate and Vicky talking about the monsters that looks behaving lately.

"We shouldn't let our guard down still." She said.

"Of course." He nodded and switches his attention to me. Instantly, the frown on his face was vanished and claimed with a soft smile on his lips. His eyes twinkled in delight as soon as he realized that we were both wearing white.

"Ready?" he asked in a deep but comforting voice. Holy sweetness, why does every detail about him suddenly became enhanced?

I couldn't even get mad at his lucky guess for our outfits.

"We'll be going." I muttered to Vicky as I leaned to peck her cheeks.

"You realized it, don't you?" she whispered, her eyes shone in mischief.

My eyes widen. How? Am I that visible? How could I keep this from the man itself?

I'm sure that Vicky could see how much I'm a nervous wreck right now, she only laughed and touched my shoulders in a soothing manner before talking.

"I'll keep it a secret. Don't worry." She said in a hushed and reassuring voice. I visibly relaxed and hugger my sister. "Thanks!"

"No problem. But you better work on fast! That is one fine specimen!" she said, going back to playful role she sports every day.

Remind me to prevent Cassy and my sister to meet for the mean time.

- - - - -

"Want some ice for your face?"

"Not now, Cassy." I grumbled, annoyed.

"This is beyond to what I expected!" she shrieked and curved her arm with mine as we walk towards our locker. "Your first time to ever like a guy, then you turn into a complete walking tomato." She declares with a laugh.