Ch. 28 - Rant, Alpha! Rant!

Sophie's POV

Silence.

That's what Nate has been ever since I finished telling him all about Cole's close-to-truth thoughts. Actually, even Levi and Vicky that are sitting at the opposite arms chairs have an expressionless look on their face.

"Jason." I cooed as I scooped the kid in my arms, making him giggle in response. Such a sweet and cute 9 years old boy in a 5 years old body. "How's my favorite man?"

"I'm doing great." He chirped as he offered me a bowl of chocolate cookies that he personally baked.

"This is good." I said, unable to stop the moans from coming out of my mouth after the luxurious taste of the desert exploded on my taste buds.

This made Nate snap his head in my direction, with eyes filled with things I don't want to point out in front of my siblings and a kid. I hastily broke the eye contact as I concentrated on playing with Jason on my lap.

"That boy is good." Vicky finally muttered.

"Impressive sharpness of mind, indeed." Levi second. "But what would actually give away your presence?" he asked directly to the Alpha who just only looked anywhere but us while a look of shame cascade his features.

"What did you do?" I asked. There's no way that he looked like that for nothing.

"I may or may not have messed with him a little."

"Why would you do that?" Levi asked in an outraged tone, truthfully speaking, my hand is twitching to be used as a weapon to slap the idiocy out from this Alpha.

Nate's eyes went to mine in a split moment before it darted into any direction but me. There and then, the answer was laid down on me.

I badly want to flip.

"You need to stop that." I wish I could growl like he could at this moment for the sake of more intimidating impact. "Or at least control it."

"I wish I could." He scoffed, making me want to roll my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Levi asked in pure confusion while Vicky's eyes flickered to me then to Nate, then to me, before realization hit her eyes and then sighed in annoyance.

"Men!" she exclaimed as she threw her hands up in mock defeat. "I'm out of here. You better work it out, mutt!" she announce as she made her way out of Nate's home, not before pulling and dragging Levi with her.

"You like Tea, Sophie?" Jason's little voice invaded the silence.

"Just a glass of water would be great." I replied with a smile, grateful for his soothing presence. He gracefully jumped down from my lap and skipped away to the kitchen.

I patiently waited for Jason to come back with my glass and walking out of the room, leaving Nate and I in a much appreciated privacy.

"Seriously, Nate? Jealousy?" I asked in confirmation, as soon as Jason left the area.

"In a fucking mortal." He groaned out before rubbing his face with his hands.

"In a very perceptive mortal." I corrected.

He closed his eyes and leaned back, the tiredness is visibly eating his form. I felt a clench in my gut roared in pain as I witness the exhaustion wins his previous powerful body.