Ch. 34 - Clueless Queen

Sophie's POV

(TWO MONTHS AFTER)

"So let me get this straight, you haven't seen him shift?" Tyler asked me through the screen. I nodded thoughtfully as the realization kicks in.

It's been like what? 5 or 6 months since I met Nate, but never once have I seen his wolf. Making me realize that I'm too focus on other things than to know the wolf in front of me. Somehow that unsettles me.

"It slipped my mind." I mumbled distracted and leaned further on the table as I asked Tyler further about the pack. I didn't ask anything about Nate's wolf, I want to see it and be surprised to what beauty it holds.

Tyler is Nate's Beta, and his best friend. And man, the boy could talk for hours. But who cares? I'm just glad that he could talk for the both of us. Anyway, I haven't met him personally. Of course without the Alpha, the Beta should be there and keep their community- or pack, rather- in peace.

I met Tyler in a very random way few months ago; I actually just went uninvited into Nate's office one day but didn't found him in. However, his laptop is on and to my surprise, Tyler is currently on at Skype, I mean his face is literally there while waiting for Nate to come back.

Knowing Nate and his time-consuming fashionista tendencies, I took the honor to get to know his beta. Nate came back in at least 30 minutes after, and found me and his beta debating on what color of flip flops would be most suitable for summer.

Let's just conclude that Tyler called so often after that incident that it almost drives Nate crazy. What could I say? His beta and I are like the long lost twins who finally got reunited.

I tried suggesting to them to give me Tyler's username so we could just talk using my personal account, but to no avail, the suggestion remained a suggestion.

"... and she didn't even think twice when she rejected me! Who in their sane mind would reject the oh so perfect me?" Tyler asked, outrange and effectively pulled me out from my thoughts.

Yeah, I said I asked him about the pack, but Tyler and I have the tendency to jump into different topics.

"Dude, you just used a lame pick up line that is connected to a bacon." I justified.

"That is not lame! And everybody loves bacon!" he countered.

"The girl probably thinks that you just called her fat." I deadpanned as I rested my chin on my hand.

Tyler opened his mouth to argue but closed it after he thought about it, his eyebrows knitting in a look of understanding.

"Yeah, probably." He agreed with a frown on his face.

"Just wait for your mate. I'm sure she will put any girl you met into shame."

"You're right." He agreed solemly. But then sent me an objective glare. "May I just remind you that you don't have the right to preach me about mates!"

"Because I'm not a werewolf?"

"Because you have the biased immunity to choose who you wanted to be your soulmate!" he defied.

It's not all cakes and rainbows, my friend.

I smiled and was about to talk more when Nate came in his office while he buttons his black dress shirt. His sleeves were folder into three-fourths and his hair was still tussled into different directions which made my hand itch to comb through it.

Without further ado, Nate walked towards me and closed his laptop shut without so much goodbye to his best friend on the line.

"Well that was rude." I muttered dryly and playfully glared at him.