Ch. 42 - Hint

Sophie's POV

I begrudgingly opened my eyes as consciousness crashes my dreamless slumber.

Phone.

Hastily, I shoot up and quickly grabbed my phone with high expectations, only it backfired me as I see the plain wallpaper of mine. No messages, No missed calls, not even one. Nada.

I closed my eyes as I drop my phone on the bed.

Sophie, breathe. You're being irrational. He drove such distance to his pack. The man was surely exhausted. Let the man have his rest.

But what if they got into an accident?

No, Sophia! Don't go there. He is the most attentive and aware driver you ever know. They will be fine!

I continued to chant and reprimand myself. Like a lunatic I never thought I would become. Letting myself to feel more and more insane as series of thoughts invaded my mind. With a groan of annoyance, I yanked the blanket off of me, ready to face the day.

Yet before I could even move myself up, I felt an itch on the side of my right thigh. Not giving it a big of a deal, I reached the spot to supposedly aid the uncomfortable feeling. However, jokes was laid upon me as my fingertips brushes something that was definitely wasn't a part of my body.

"Not today, please." I pleaded to myself before looking down.

Wrong move.

A scream so loud was pulled out from my mouth as I jumped away from my bed. So fast, that even the fast reflexes of cats would be shamed. Remembering the other people in the house, I cut my scream short by plastering both of my hands on my mouth.

With wide eyes and hard breathing, I found a dislocated bloody hand that is squirming at my bed, on how I didn't felt it immediately was beyond me. Instantly, disgust overwhelmed me as I backed away from the moving hand.

I am so convinced that if my life if ever in a movie or a book, it would be labeled under the genre of horror. Not fantasy, not romance!

In the exact moment that I leaned on my closet, my door was banged open as Vicky and Levi took in the room with alarmed eyes and tensed forms. "God! that's disgusting!" Vicky exclaimed breathlessly as she flinches at the sight. Levi, gritting his teeth, stomped closer to my bed, but before he could get the hand, it vanished.

Ah, you gotta love mornings, indeed.

"You're actually going to touch it." I realized in sincere disgust.

"What am I supposed to do then?" He snaps, he was half naked and only being supported with his basketball shorts. His hair was pointing at different directions, leading me to think that I just woke him up.

You're so smart, aren't you?

What's with my thoughts lately?!

Vicky was no better at her oversized shirt and an identical birds' nest hair like mine. Meeting my amused eyes, she rolled her eyes as she fought a smile. "We look like shit, I know. Nobody was born perfect." She mumbled groggily.

"Kids... what are on about so early in the morning?" A groggy female voice asked, we whipped our head to the direction of our mom who is rubbing her eyes before looking at us with confused look.