Ch. 37 - Woman Complications

Sophie's POV

I opened my mouth as Jason eagerly but gently put the spoon with a good smelling dish in my mouth. I chewed it, and moaned at the rich taste that just exploded. "You really need to teach me that recipe." I mumble as I spooned another scoop for myself.

"I would love too, but-" I raised an expectant eyebrow at his sudden halt, already having an idea on what he was about to say.

"But?" I urged with a fake warning lacing my voice as I teased the little guy in front of me. His eyes visibly widen for a moment before it turned softer as a sheepish smile reached his lips.

"I don't want you to burn your house down." He honesty but meekly admitted. With that, I released a mocking gasp, acting like I was severely offended at his words.

"How dare you level my kitchen skills to Vicky?! I am much better than her!" I defended my remaining honor. This was replied with a nonchalant shrug, "Well, true." He agreed. "At least you know how not to burn pancakes." He teased.

In return, I jokingly lifted my arms in mock surrender as I nodded. "Fine, fine. Now give me a kiss so you could continue your thing."

He shyly grinned at me before complying- giving me a big smack on the cheeks- and hopping off the stool, leaving me to think back Alex's words. He specifically told me to take my time and have a momentary space away from the Alpha.

And where did I go after I went out from the older Mclein's house? At the Alpha's territory. I'm such a badass.

"Angel." The devil himself greeted as he found me hanging out with Jason in his kitchen. His eyes lit up from its dull nature. "Hey, bro." I lazily answered and did a two finger salute to mock the informality.

"Did you just bro me?"

Looking as innocent as possible, I replied a little playfully. "Did I?"

He grinned and shook his head as he went to grab a bottle of water before scooping me from the stool and placing me on the cold counter top. Making me eye level to his. "Well that was semi-barbaric." I observed dryly.

With everything that has been thrown in my mind, it's just hard to accommodate the Alpha's usual playfulness. What secret does he still keep from me? Doesn't he trust me enough?

Million questions were floating in my mind, leading to involuntarily stare at the face of the subject of my distress. However, Nate seems to misinterpret my stare in the form as checking him out as he smirked and briefly look at my lips.

But luck on my side as Jason accidentally dropped a spatula, creating a loud sound against the tiled floor, effectively snapping me to what was happening at the moment. The moment was in exact time for me to dodge the Alpha's attack as I saw him lean down on me, probably aiming my lips.

However, my lazy dodge resulted his lips to land on the base of my neck. Not a good location for the hungry werewolf. I felt him grin against my skin as his arms instantly secured me at my place, as if expecting me to jump away from him, which is what I really intend to do.

"Nate." I growled, preventing myself from releasing an embarrassing sound for the sake of the kid in the room. "Jason." I hissed near the eager Alpha's ear, earning myself a frustrated growl.

What I didn't expect though is for him to playfully bite the part of my neck, making me shriek in shock and shiver involuntarily, this probably enjoyed by Nate judging from the satisfied and smug look he was wearing when he pulled away.