Ch. 21 - Bestie Rules

Sophie's POV

"You really struggle hard at this." He said as he dropped his pen and leaned back before rubbing his hand on his face. I glared at him as I followed his actions.

"Math related things are the biggest monsters." I complained and looked at him with the best annoyed look I could master. "I don't know why of all courses there is, you chose to teach this."

"You've been bad at this ever since we were kids. Thus, leave me to a conclusion that it would be the easiest subject for you to put in a detention or... private tutoring." He said a suggestive look and a teasing smile on his lips.

Despite feeling the blood rush to my cheeks I sent him the most loathing glare. Of course he wasn't intimidated and only laughed in response.

"Do you even have a license to be a teacher?" I asked.

"Of course. And for your information, I graduated with sky rocking grades." He said smugly. The point of his nose could almost touch the clouds.

"You do realize that you're playing a very dangerous game against your human profession?" I taunted, and smirked victoriously when a frown found his features.

"I'm not playing." He grumbled and looked at me with stern and determined eyes that never failed to drown me in chaotic promises. "Never with you."

Dear god, how could he always flip our conversations from zero to infinity?

I got a hard time responding, so I thanked all the blessing above when his phone suddenly rung. He looked at his phone and hissed a moment before answering it.

He was talking at a low volume and his face were contoured with seriousness that I'm not used seeing on him. I tried to collect my things so I could go but he quickly got a hold of my wrist stopping my movement before pulling me at his side.

"Is it really necessary?" he asked with a clipped voice, I looked up to him only to see his brows crunched as he pinch the bridge of his nose. "Okay, I'll look up on it." He said before hanging up with a resigned sigh.

I run my hand at his arm, wanting to sooth his worries. He seems to relax a little before wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face on my hair, inhaling my scent.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Complications at the pack." Even though he said that he doesn't care if he wasn't an Alpha, I knew that he cares for the pack with great passion. And being away from them really took a lot of efforts for his part.

"You should go back, Nate. It would be easier for you."

"I'm not going to leave you alone." He grumbled.

"My siblings are here to protect me. And my invisibility is a really great help to prevent the monsters coming near me."

"No, Angel. I have a great team back there; they could live well while I'm here."

"You're so stubborn." I said and pulled away a little to look at his face. He glared at me before snorting.

"I don't want to hear that from you." He said with a playful growl.

"Touché." I said with a contented smile.

- - - - -

I was busy burying myself at a stock of assignments when the door of my bedroom open with a loud bang.