Ch. 29 - Aggressive Turn

Sophie's POV

Clouds.

That was what I felt when I planted my lips to his.

Freaking clouds.

I don't even know why I thought of that. His lips were just so soft that my mind settled at the idea of clouds. I mean I don't even know how soft the clouds are!

I'm rambling.

But I just don't get how a man that was practically have a body like a steel could have such a soft lips that could put even a baby lips to shame!

Enough of my mindless mess.

My 'slip off' didn't lasted for so long. As soon as the realization of my actions hit me, I instantly pulled away from his embrace. And from the easy way I got out from his arms and the way his lips parted and eyes widen, I'm pretty sure I put the Alpha in a pretty nice shock.

I stood in front of him again, fully tensed this time. I kept my mouth shut to prevent spouting unnecessary thoughts.

I'm pretty sure describing his lips wouldn't do any good to me.

It took him a couple of moments before he regain his composure.

He blinked.

Then, to my dismay for my unstable hormonal state, he looked up to me as if I'm the most beautiful wonder that he ever set his eyes on. His eyes twinkled in delight and awe as he stared at me with a little confusion playing on his aristocratic face.

"You could've told me to stop talking..." he breathes quietly, as if scared to ruin whatever he has at the moment. "But then, I like the way you shut me up." He concluded with a boyish grin that instantly makes him look younger and carefree.

And to think that he was so aggravated about his pack's welfare earlier.

Talk about having a concentration span like Dory.

"Um- I didn't know- I- Are you okay?" I stuttered, completely ruining the mood on the process. Cringing internally at my non-existent confidence.

"Never could've been better." He answered as he unknowingly pulled me back on his lap. "I should rant more often." He beamed with a mischievous grin.

I rolled my eyes, fighting a grin to spread out, as I pathetically slapped his shoulder. "Please don't." I mumbled with feign annoyance, failing to cover the blush that was trying to dominate my face.

"So much for being a listener, aye?" he said with a suggestive glint on his eyes, effectively making me laugh in a very unlady like way.

I continued to laugh until I found him staring down at me with full adoration in his eyes. Now, that shut me up. The small smile never left his face as he played a strand of my hair, and softly traced the side of my face with his knuckles.

Suddenly, the room felt like its becoming smaller, making me feel caged in his arms. His touch owned my consciousness as it prevented me to pay attention to anything but him. Even with a small serene smile, his eyes spoke a different heat of thought.

In a heartbeat, I was on my back, laid out on his bed as he hovered over me.

"One more." He murmured softly over my lips as he slowly leans down to me.

I don't know where I got the sudden confidence from, but the devil within me decided to play with the Alpha at the moment. Few centimeters before his lips landed to mine, I tilt my head up so his lips touched my chin instead, and then I pushed his face away.