Ch. 41 - Unconditional

Sophie's POV

That freaking coward of a werewolf.

"Alpha, my ass." I groaned and put my forehead on my palm as my mind forcefully sink in the fact that the Alpha needs his time and space.

Not that I'm complaining, but really? On all the things that he could've done, the first thing he did is to run away? He even has the nerve to swerve it into his big-alpha-duties than to straight up tell me his need of self-protection- against who? Me?! The little ol' me?! Am I the one with the ability to turn into a gigantic werewolf in times of vengeance? I may be the daughter of the moon goddess, and I may have the ability to control some monsters when my alter ego appears- w-well yeah, when I put it that way, I may be a tad scarier. But still-!

Okay, I'm complaining.

Heavens of Ferrero Rocher, I sound like we are a thing and having a cool-off period. That I haven't agreed to. Technically, I did support his decision, but anyone could not possibly be 100percent be okay with that, right?

Thank goodness that the mother nature isn't showing herself for the monthly visit or else my siblings may find me wailing while devouring a tub of salted caramel ice cream.

Not a scene would anyone want to go home to.

I found myself looking at the window of my bedroom, unconsciously watching the darkness of the night as my mind was busy with someone else. I hear murmurs from downstairs, acknowledging the thought of Nate assuring himself of my safety with my siblings before he goes.

Giving in to the consideration that Levi may become annoyed- or already is- from Nate's repetition of advices or demands, I heaved a breath and pushed myself to walk out of my personal dungeon and glided to where they are.

Taking the last steps of the stair, my eyes first caught Jason whose eyes are so wide in excitement; his hand is being held by my brother as he stands beside him. The kid is literally jumping in his place, just effortlessly ignoring the hushed argument that was happening in front of him.

At least the little one is happy about these. I comforted to myself.

Leaving the sight of the bundle of joy, the three adults remained unaware to my presence as they were engage in a pretty loud discussion.

"Don't let her go to any public places alone. Or better yet, don't drag her there seeing that she really was not into it." Nate commanded as he pointedly glared at my sister. Vicky, being her own sassy way, just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms on her chest.

"Nothing could harm her while she is with me."

"That may be true, but she ran away from you, right?" the alpha rebutted scornfully, but with the glint on his eyes, anyone could tell that he at least enjoys winning an argument.

"Hey ass-" Vicky's interesting comeback was cut off by the gruff voice of my brother, who is pointedly reminding our sister that there is still a child in the room.

"You've been saying that for quite a few times already, mutt. Honestly, I don't need your words. I could take care of my sister, even with the both of you gone." He mused in monotone, clearly done with the bickering without noticing that he is included too.

Feeling the brewing fire that may spread, I walked to their circle and wrapped my arms around my sister's slim waist from behind, sending her to jump violently at the sudden contact. The others also jumped a little, but gathered their composure as they saw my teasing grin.