Ch. 16 - Magnified Intensity

"Please tell me that he molested you and you knocked him out?" were Levi's first words when he found a passed out Nate and I in a very compromising position.

"Just help me here, Levi." I groaned underneath Nate.

"I was hoping to have a good reason to beat the mutt into pulp." He mumbled. "What happened, anyway?" he asked as he starts to pull up Nate away from me. Thank heavens to my brother's super human strength.

"Tell you about it later." I stood up and felt my muscles contrast with pain, I winced but continued to move to gather mine and Nate's things as Levi contemplates to just drag the passed out body to his car.

"At least tell me how you ended up underneath this mutt."

"I tried to catch him when he fainted, never expected that he was that heavy, for me to be crashed down." This made Levi shake his head as he let out a small chuckle. "I tell you, that guy's body was made in steel." I grumbled.

"Have you seen how tiny you are against him? The gap between your heights could mislead this guy as a pedophile." He cracked up to his own disturbing joke. I just heaved a sigh as I directed him to get out.

Fortunately, the classes were long done, so the hallways are empty. If anyone sees Nate being carried like a princess by my brother, I'm sure he would be on a disastrous rampage.

I'm even practically fighting the urge to take a picture of the both of them.

On the other hand, Vicky was in the driver seat when we got to the car, and of course, she lost her composure the second she saw the two big guys.

"This is gold!" she shrieked as she pulled out her phone and snapped a lot of pictures of the scene. Levi just smirked at the upcoming humiliation of the sleeping Alpha before throwing him at the backseat with me. Glaring at the both of them, I adjusted Nate's head on my lap.

My siblings spend the drive fighting over the radio, leaving me with my thoughts over Nate's actions. I want to get mad at his idiocy and recklessness over his actions. But the intensity of his determination took me to look at him onto another level.

Despite being forgotten by me, he didn't stop at showing his intentions and care about it. In fact he came on strong and forward.

And cocky.

I just smiled at the thought. I look down on his sleeping face, and found it still slightly pale but peaceful. I tangled my finger on his hair and enjoyed its softness.

"Please, my princess, take good care of yourself while I'm gone. I'll be back as soon as I can to give you all the care you deserve." he said as I nodded submissively. "I'll be the one to love and to protect you, my Angel." He whispered as he leaned in and kissed my forehead.

I closed my eyes shut and took a deep breath as I leaned my head back.

His arrogance and playfulness were like a façade. A cover to what he really intends. But the looks on his eyes and the way he moves around me... shouts its purpose and function. Nate is a storm, a storm that wreaked havoc within my understanding. His every word, every silly actions, the protectiveness... he pushed it again and again. Forcing the nature to abide his desire, and no matter what he says about me being above of anyone else. With him, I don't feel it going that way.

I'm scared.

- - - - -

Jason hasn't left Nate's side ever since we arrived to their house. The little boy kept pacing around his room as he tried to distract himself. And a small smile crept to my lips as I witness his care for Nate. Even though all they did is to argue and annoy each other, their bond was stronger than what they let other people to witness.