Ch. 19 - Not so Nate

Sophie's POV

"... so when I was walking my ferret, I found this great boutique with vintage style clothes that was so chic!" Cassy chatted on with a very interested Vicky, leaving me and Levi sitting on the couch with an identical bored expression on our face.

"Did she just say that she was walking her ferret?" he asked in a whisper.

"I even saw it with a little leash once." I whispered back, amused to his wide eyes look.

"I've been telling you to change your friends."

"It's like you're telling me to change our sister."

"I would if I could." I only chuckled to his biased answer.

It's been a few weeks since the sleep over incident, and believe me, excluding the fact of the still ongoing attacks from the monsters and the often tension with Nate and Levi, everything is going quite well.

Nate and I, well we're still us- okay understatement. He just makes me insane every single second of the day! He's still persistent on matching our clothes, he's still on about my protection against the monsters, and his crazy and unfair way of giving me detentions is intact as ever. He even went and pushed the idea of continuing sleeping beside me- which Levi and I strongly went against at- but man, he got spoiled easily.

I also learned that he is naturally very possessive and jealous to me. The extent I'm currently seeing is too much but I could do nothing about it because of his smooth talking to persuade my priorities.

But is it normal to even sulk or get jealous because of a cat?

Currently, we were spread out in our living area and just lazing around on a weekend morning. Nate was busy at the moment working at his office regarding about his pack.

"Does she know about him?" Levi asked, pulling me back to reality. I knew instantly what he was talking about and set my eyes shortly to Cassy before answering.

"No. I don't even know how to tell her." Cassy is a big part of my life, however, she doesn't know anything about the monsters and Nate. All she knows is that he was my neighbor and a close family friend, which explains why he gives me a ride to and from school.

Of course, as expected as soon as she found out about it, she went on and urged me to try a move on him.

"A hot teacher and a stunning straight A student. Please, it's a perfect forbidden romance!" she said.

I almost got caught on the moment; she doesn't know how close she is to the truth. Dammit she's my best friend, keeping things from her is a very hard work. Especially when a consistently affectionate Alpha was involve. God, she doesn't even know about him being a werewolf. She doesn't even know that such creatures exist.

A tap on my shoulder snapped out from my thoughts, I look beside me and met the worried eyes of my brother. "It'll be okay, baby girl." He said quietly. I smiled and scooted closer to him until I was leaning the side of my body to his.

A sigh escaped my lips as he put his arms around my shoulders. "How about you?" he asked referring to my slowly changing capability.

"Still as light as a feather."

"Understatement." He snorted. "You could be considered as a ghost now." I agree. Even in their enhanced senses they're starting to get agitated that they couldn't feel my presence.