Ch. 18 - Sophie Strikes Again

Sophie's POV

I stood stiffly at the door while Nate rummages his dresser for something.

Can I back out on this? Why does the heroines from the fiction books looks so chill in this kind of scenarios? My heart could almost smash my ribs from the rapid way it beats!

Is he the kind of guy who sleeps naked? No, I couldn't handle it. Wait, can I? Whoa I'm not gonna jump his bones, will I? I mean, not that I mind- but he would. No! I'm not a cheap hooker!

But you're a newly hormonal 18 years old woman.

Shut up!

"Angel, calm down."

I looked up and jumped away when I found that he's standing right in front of me with at least a foot distancing us. "W-what?" I squeaked.

"Calm down, I'm serous I would never do anything you're not ready at." He promised with all seriousness playing on his facade, but it didn't help to still my nerves. "Here." He said as he gave me some folded clothes. "There's my bathroom you can change into this." I quickly mumbled a thank you before dashing in the bathroom.

As soon as I looked at myself in the mirror I want to vanish from embarrassment. The color of a tomato would be put into shame from the color of my face. I washed my face immediately, thankful to its coldness.

Later I found out that Nate gave me a black boxer shorts which is too large for my waist but could hold my thighs- thick thighs problems- in a respective manner, and completed the night outfit with a white shirt that falls right above my knees. This actually could pass as a dress on me.

I'm in a deep thoughts when a soft knock on the door startled me. "Don't die in there, Angel."

"I'm not!" I called back, a little relieved to hear his teasing voice. I took a deep breath as I pushed myself to go out and came face to face with a drool-worthy toned and muscular chest.

Ladies, five letter word.

EIGHT

Eight packs! Eight defined abs! Eight! Holy paradise of unicorns and roses. Lord please save me, I don't want rape to be the first reason for me to step into a jail.

I know his face was enough to make any female form go weak, and from the way his clothes clings to his body, I also knew that I would be expecting an incredible view.

But the reality has nothing to make me prepared to this body like it's been molded by the hands of the God of perfection. Just the sight of his shoulders makes me lightheaded, his smooth and ripped torso almost made me undone, and the way that his sweatpants was so low doesn't help my mind to be out of adulterated cravings.

I was so shocked that I stay rooted there with wide eyes. I felt a finger under my chin then pushed it close. Dammit! I didn't realize my mouth was hanging open. "Enjoying the view?"

I gulped and tilt my head up to throw a glare at him. Yes, He's that tall.

"I've seen better." I said with unknown confidence in me. Desperately trying to match the smug look on his face. However, in nanosecond, his playful aura changed into something darker.

And I mean it literally; his bright green eyes were now in a darker shade. And his smirk turned into a scowl. "You're lying." He seethes.

"Nate, calm down." I quickly refrained.

Where does his humor gone? Is he bipolar? Thankfully he found some sense in him when he noticed the look on my eyes. He closed his eyes shut and pinched the bridge of his nose as he took a single step away from me.