Ch. 2 - Unexpected Event

Sophie's POV

I want to be left alone.

And my closet.

And my hair.

And my face.

And my nails.

And my undergarmen- I mean, WHY? I don't understand!

I continue to frown as Cassy continue to decorate my face with her amazing make-up skills. I'm a little- okay, I'm a kill joy. But if you're constantly being terrorized by monsters who only exist to beat you up, you would understand me. 

"Are you not finished yet?" I grudgingly muttered. 

"Patience, young one." she muttered back. I want to say that I've been patient for almost 2 hours with her patronizing with my looks, but I held it, knowing her capabilities to lash out on me, its better to save myself.

I silently groaned. She won't even let me see myself in the mirror. I know she won't let me look stupid, but she have a tendency to overdo her make-over on me when she was given a chance. 

I love my best friend (in the most hetero sexual way), but in this kind of scenarios, I just want to throw her out of my window and be eaten by the monsters. If it was possible, they don't harm anyone but me.

Currently, I'm sitting on my bed while only wearing a bathrobe, Cassy being the drama queen as she is, refused to let me see the dress that I supposed to wear. I swear this girl would be the death of me, and again, I'm being attacked by monsters so its a great deal.

"You can open your eyes, darling!" she said excitedly. 

A sigh escaped my lips as I open my eyes. But as it did, I jumped and screamed bloody murder. This causes Cassy to freak out, but I didn't care. The sight of a thee-eyed, slimy, floating, monster consumed my attention. It was standing at the end of my bed! this never happened before. But it was still inside of my house!

I noticed its stillness, so I quickly composed myself as I remembered my best friend who I noticed who also started to scream even though she have no idea why I did in the first place. 

"Sorry, I saw a cockroach." I quickly explained, but this made Cassy even more freaked out. 

"Where?!" she shouted looking frantically around while standing on my bed. 

In front of you.

I want to say, but of course I didn't. Instead, I grabbed her hand as I sat her down while saying that the roach is gone.

I looked back to where the monster is, only to its fading form though it seem to say something but only sounds like horrifying sounds like what we hear in a horror movie. Despite of the confusion and alarmed form, I tried my best to look normal.

"stupid disgusting cockroach." she said as she grabbed a paper bag and threw it at me. "Put this on! It's almost nine, we're late!"

"We could not go!" I tried one last time, but as usual, she just ignored my plea and pushed me in the bathroom. My eyes widen as soon as I see the dress she choose for me. 

"NO! I refuse to wear this!" Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful dress. Black and sleeveless dress with a fair amount of glitter which makes the dress literally shine. But it's too short! I bet it would barely cover my butt!

"You said you won't let me look like a cheap hooker!" I continued to complain. 

"And I intend to keep that promise! put it on, and trust me!" she shouted back.