Ch. 13 - Bond. James Bond.

Nate's POV

She wore black.

Tyler was right. 

I was missing the point. Damn it.

There's the royal idiot of a monster who dared to go near to her.

But I couldn't blame them. They were getting stronger by each passing minute before Sophie's birthday. And even though I hate to admit, even being an alpha could not fully help me to protect her against these creatures. Unless.... No, I decided to wait. She deserves to be granted a choice.

Now that left me nothing but to unleash the help of the terrible duo. Since, the both of them were existed to protect her... It was expected.

I knew that even I don't ask for them, they will protect her, that's the sole reason why they were back here. And even they annoy me to an indescribable extent, I needed their elements. Levi and Victoria are humans- at least I hope so- yes, but there skills were enough to be used against the monsters.

"So, how do we do this?" Victoria asked, dragging me from my thoughts. I looked at the angel beside me only to zero my sight on the pout on her lips.

Her rosy red, soft-

"Nate?" her melodic voice shook me awake. She stares at me with curiosity, but the glint on her eyes voiced that she have an idea where my thoughts are about.

"We don't have all day here, mutt." Levi grumbled, I snapped my eyes on him. Not appreciating his words. Being an alpha, It's hard to be cool about this kind of disrespectful situations, but they were not in my turf. I don't have a right to command them.

I breathe in to control my temper and gently held Sophie's hand. She squeezed it in return, letting me know that she's aware on my inner turmoil. I look at her and she smiled as she nodded for me to continue.

How could someone be so perfect?

"It's simple, you need to do a verbal vow of your duty to Sophie and then she needs to accept it in return. Formal and indicating you full name." I explained, without further ado.

"That's it?" Levi asked, I knew he was expecting an out of this world ritual or what. So I relished the disappointment surrounding him. "What would happen after?"

"You'll be able to see the monsters." My answer seems to put him into frenzy as he grinned at Sophie. "What were they look like?"

"Ugly." She answered with a smirk, enjoying the ecstatic zone of her brother.

"Okay. I'm going first!" Victoria said, looking at me for confirmation which I nodded to. She gazes at Sophie and smiled before doing the vow.

"I, Victoria Anne Frost, vow my loyalty and outmost protection to Sophia Dennise Frost."

"I, Sebastian Levi Frost, vow my loyalty and outmost protection to Sophia Dennise Frost."

"Can't you be more original?" Victoria grumbled under her breath, Levi only shrugged in return.

"I, Sophia Dennise Frost, accept Victoria Anne and Sebastian Levi Frost as my protectors." She said with a mischievous smile. I know what she was thinking and did my best to hold my chuckles. This is going to be a show.

"That's it?" Victoria asked.

"There's no weird lighting and thunders?" Levi muttered.

Sophie looked at me, confused as her siblings, but I only smiled and squeezed her hand. "Look out on the window." I ordered.