CH. 46 - THE PACK TRAILER

Nate's POV

(1st night away)

Parking my car at the familiar lot of my house is like walking in a blank. I felt nothing. I want nothing. The chaos that sent me to go back here became numb. And I don't know if it's a good thing.

Looking beside me, I found little Jason asleep on his seat. The drool that he was sporting supposed to make me smile like it used to, but to what I've been letting my Angel to go through? I cannot do anything.

I was welcomed with the stupid grin of my Beta, Tyler, as he walks in my way. Nodding at him, I went and gathered the little kid in my arms as Tyler took the liberty to bring our luggage in my place.

"Why the sudden appearance, man?" He asked after I tucked Jason to his room. Shaking my head at the forming headache, I went to my personal bar and pour myself a drink to ease myself.

"She's sharper that we expected." I mumbled, relishing the burn as the liquid run down on my throat. Widening his eyes in shock, he immediately stood himself in front of me, the joking manner completely vanished.

"You told her?"

"I can't."

"You won't." he growled. I snapped my eyes towards his own pair, narrowing in reminder that it's mine to decide. I know he want me to come clean to the future Luna that I installed in their mind, but he couldn't understand the consequences that might happen. No one will.

"I will lose her." I gritted out, simplifying my fear.

"So you're choosing to be coward?"

"You think I like this?" I growled. "Do you think I like to put her in this position? I never wanted to drag her in my darkness!"

"Then you bloody should have not come back to her, shouldn't you?" He prompted frustratedly.

I know I'm being unrealistic. He was right, I should have expected that as long as I'm wanting her- needing her, nothing could stop her from being sucked in my sins.

"How could I, when all of this was to make her mine?"

"Look, the whole pack knows what happened." He started in softer manner, as if he knows that I'm a ticking bomb. "Once she step a foot in here, she will know the whole truth as soon as she come across him!"

Referring the man I loath so much aggravated me more, I could feel my wolf being empowered with negative thoughts, pushing him to become a monster that we are.

Seeing the conflict in my eyes, he continued. "You will take the gamble, and tell her the whole truth of what you are capable of. If she doesn't stay to you, so be it."

As much as I want to kill him due to his words, I wouldn't. Because it is the brutal truth that I needed to hear.

- - - - - - - - -

(2nd night)

The day after I was warmly welcome by the pack, although they were mildly disappointed to see me without a Luna on my side. Despite my chaotic thinking, I pushed myself to do my duties and was able to flatten the issues in day one.

It was calm and straight. However, when the night falls, I found myself locked in my room with the bottle of golden liquid that took my mind into the sea of memory of her.