Ch. 15 - Masochistic Alpha

Sophie's POV

Nate wasn't exaggerating when he said that the monsters would feast once my birthday strikes.

No matter where I look now it would be tainted with a sight of a monster. Their eyes- if they have- were all focused to me, hungry and murderous.

It was scary, but as long that they don't harm other people, I could handle it. But on the other side, Nate couldn't. He was grumpy and tensed all throughout the day, even his friendly-teacher disguise wasn't prosecuted. He was snappy and moody at everybody, literally.

He even snapped at the principle when he greeted him at the hallway.

But you know what? It only drives his fan-girls crazy. Calling him mysterious and hotter or whatsoever. I would laugh at that if he wasn't hovering me every chances he could get. And if I wasn't bombarded with an endless birthday greetings and hugs from almost the whole student body.

"You're 18." Cassy said while walking beside me to our last class of the day.

"I'm not throwing a party."

"I'm actually gonna say that you're still a virgin." Oh my god, her bluntness still didn't fail to surprise me.

"What's with you and my virtue?" I whispered-yell as I speed up my walking, I almost want to run away from the girl beside me.

"It's not just about your v-card!" she snapped back. "It's about you living life!"

"I could live my life just fine. Thank you." I said with fake politeness, "Bitch." I added with a glare. She gasped and put her both hands over her chest.

"That's not how you should talk to the love of your life!" she exclaimed and wiped a fake tear on her eye. Making me smile at her silliness.

"Whatever." I said while fighting the urge to laugh at the comical look at her face.

"But seriously, Sophie! No, I'm going to hook you up with someone." Oh dear, this is not good. "I know this one guy, gosh he was so gorgeous, I'm sure you're gonna like him-"

"Ladies, you might want to run to your classes. The bell would ring in a few." A cold voice interrupted. I don't need to turn around to know who it is. Judging to the tone of his voice, I know he heard what Cassy was saying.

Why am I so unlucky?

"Good afternoon Mr. Mclien." Cassy greeted then waved at me goodbye as she walked away. I almost cried out for her not to leave me with the outrange beast. Speaking of, I was met with an intense stare from him as soon as my eyes landed at his.

"Get in the class." He said as he went inside his classroom, I followed suit. As much as I wanted to grumble unintelligible words to his snappy mood, I fought the urge. He is a werewolf; I knew he would hear me even I whisper at my lowest voice. And that would get me in more trouble.

The class went awfully slow and ugly. All thanks to the intimidation of Nate to every one of us. Even Rachelle was visibly scared enough to try and make a move on him. Getting tired at his cold and monotone lecture, I went and stare out the window.

Well the monsters at the window actually. Thankfully, they haven't tried and possess another human to get to me. But their persistent efforts to attack me left me speechless. Truthfully speaking, I'm expecting full blown attacks, but I guess it became harder for them with Levi, Vicky and Nate surrounding me.

"Detention, Ms. Frost."

Holy mother of guns and roses. He's on the roll.

- - - - -