Ch. 31 - Alexander the Great

Sophie's POV

The sun is already setting as Alex and I sit on the swings in a playground which is ten minutes away from my place.

Alex didn't go through the details as soon after he told me his revelation; although, he promised he will after eating though.

"Nothing could stop a man from eating his food." He said stubbornly as he quickly satisfied his appetite.

"Didn't you notice that no monsters came into our way?" he asked, effectively breaking the comfortable silence between us. He asked so casually that I though he was talking about the weather.

"I noticed." I answered, already got the grasp that I'm with a powerful werewolf so it's safe. Besides, Nate wouldn't let me go with someone who couldn't protect me. "You have an Alpha blood running in your system, which is enough give away."

I really need to learn to protect myself because it's getting really annoying depending to the higher abilities that others have.

Alex's smile didn't falter as he faced me, making me follow suit.

"Despite our almost the same features, Nathan and I are very different." He stated lightly.

You don't say.

I prevented the urged to roll my eyes at the very obvious thing he said, and continued to listen. Even still, it seems that the older Mclein grasp what's on my mind and explained himself further with a grin. "He is the son who is more on the controlling and dominant side, the leader. And I am the son who is all about the books and strategy, the shadow."

The sudden explanation threw me completely off-guard that my whole body tensed with anticipation on what this conversation is going through.

"In layman's term, I am the geek and he is the cool quarterback." He said with conviction before going on. "But I am the first son... which give me a privilege to instantly have the title of an Alpha, to be the strongest than anyone in the pack." He delivered with an exaggerated pride in his voice. Like he was reciting the lines of Mufasa as he educated Simba about Pride Lands.

However, contradicting his exterior, he stared at me with a look that so intense, so intense that I felt a shiver run down to my spine. "Nathan put it so lightly, but you should know that my brother did the impossible. He built his own foundation and I couldn't have been any more proud."
With so much sincerity lacing at his every word, I felt that a bunch of overwhelming welcome hit my very core.

"What you don't know is, my mother was a witch." He dropped oh so casually.

"A w-what?" I stuttered like an idiot, this made him looked pleased at my dumbfounded reaction. He never played fair. Or at least gives me a heads up.

"A witch, yes. She was the one our father choose to reign his title with-he wasn't a traditional werewolf. And man, it was one hell of a bumpy ride." He smiled at the memory, his eyes have such a faraway look. "She was one of the most powerful witch that ever existed, and fortunately, I was blessed with some of her ability."

I don't know how he could smile for so long, but I let him. It was refreshing sight to see. But also tiring from just estimating the long hours of use of his facial muscle- Sophie, the man is sharing a heavy information! Concentrate!

Shaping up, I took note the fact that he talked about his mother in past tense. But not wanting to wreck our currently light mood, I refrained my curiosity as he continued.

"I could do a lot of things, one is the invisibility of presence, which I love because walking around with that oozing power that makes everyone cower away is such a pain in the ass." I laughed at that. Only he would say something like that.