Ch. 11 - Double Trouble

Sophie's POV

After the feast that was made by mom, the four of us went to the living area to catch up. I was so happy and still couldn't grasp the shock that my siblings are finally showed their faces after for so long.

They were actually my half-siblings, but the bond that they shared with my mom and I shows that a minor fact doesn't change the genuine connection of our family. 

Levi, my 26 years old brother, have his own security agency in New York. He was in army before which explains his love to physical adventures and his wall-like built that could make any man run for their life. 

And there's Victoria, she 3yrs younger than Levi, despite her model like figure and aristocrat features, she's actually a computer genius. She's working with Levi in technicalities.

They're so intelligent and strong that I sometimes wondering if they owned all the good qualities of their parents leaving me with just the clumsy trait of my mother.

Sometimes, being the youngest is a downer. But hey, I still love them.

"Sophie? Baby girl, are you listening?" Levi's voice dragged me out from my thoughts making me look at him in confusion. "I'm sorry what? And please stop calling me that, I'm not a baby anymore." Of course, he ignored the latter part of my sentence.

"I said, it's your 18th birthday the day after tomorrow, would you like us to throw a party or just a dinner with us and some of your friends?"

"I hate parties." I grumbled as I looked at him in annoyance. He smiled contently and nodded his head in approval of my words. He then looked at Vicky with smug and challenging look.

In return, Vicky snapped her attention at me with an outrage look. Uh-oh.

"You're turning 18, Sophie! I will not allow you have just a dinner! You need to party and get drunk, you only turn 18 once! Gosh, enjoy your youth!" she growled, emphasizing the word 'dinner' like it was a disgusting event.

"21 is the legal age to drink, Victoria." Levi growled back. His over protective side is showing with vengeance.

"Don't be a hypocrite! You were stoned at your 18th birthday!" she snapped back. I don't know why they choose to work together miles away from here, they're the pair that would kill each other if you leave them unattended.

I looked at my mom with pleading eyes as I felt the building debate between the two beasts. But being the caring mother she was, she just shrugged and continued to sip on her wine.

"What do you think would Cassy want for you, Sophie?" Vicky asked, dragging me back to their debate.

"Cassy would want to throw a party or drug me to a club-"

"Absolutely not." Levi interrupted but I ignored him.

"But I would like a quiet get together with you and few of my friends." I ended. Then glared at the both of them. "This is my birthday, what I want should be the one to be done, right?" Finality sticks to voice. And despite being the youngest, sometimes we have this moment to where I could make them look down in shame.

"Fine, But I'll be sleeping in your room tonight." Vicky grumbled as she stood up and flipped a bird to Levi's triumph smirk.

"Me too!" Levi said as he pecked a kiss to our mom's cheek goodnight.

I looked at mom with a helpless look, "I'm not a baby anymore to be cuddled and sandwiched by my adult siblings."

"Oh give them a break, dear. You know you'll always be a baby to this family. And besides, they missed you." She said as she stood up and kissed my cheeks before departing to her room.