∞ Chapter 4 ∞

~ Rayne ~

It felt like the weekend had lasted forever, while it only had been a night and a day. I would meet Kayley this afternoon again and I couldn’t wait. I knew it was stupid to rely on this conversation so much. Kayley didn’t trust me at all and if I could trust my instinct, she didn’t want anything to do with me. It wasn’t that I didn’t understand. I was a complete stranger, coming into her life out of nothing, following her all day long waiting for a chance to speak with her. It was naïve to think she would be eager to help me, but I had been alone for so long. With nobody around to talk to once in a while. But there she was. This beautiful girl, who knew about the curse, who could help me understand more about it, who could make an end to my lonely and quiet life, if I could earn her trust so she wouldn’t turn away after all.

When I was young, I never hated silence and being alone, I even liked being on my own at some moments; music on, singing along, not caring about how I looked when I was running, pacing or jamming around of what had been our small, yet cosy living room. In the house I broke down on the first full moon I spent as a wolf.

That was over two years ago now. Back then I had everything I wanted; a life, dreams, friends and family.

Now the silence was killing me. I didn’t see my family and friends anymore, I had to break my bond with them for their safety. Not that they were so sad about it after I broke them mentally and the house literally. So left my hometown soon after my parents made sure they didn’t want me in their lives anymore. I had been alone after that, and two and half years of being on my own had even been too much for me. I needed some sound on the background now, always. I went crazy without it. I was lucky that both of my neighbours had little children who would scream and yell at seven that they didn’t want to go to bed already when they were playing outside or when they didn’t got what they wanted.

Thinking about my parents made me think of what Kayley had said about hers. She needed to make dinner for them. That meant she still had a good bond with her parents. I was wondering who she knew that was a werewolf. She didn’t seemed broken, only terrified when I was close. I would find out this afternoon. I looked at the clock.

No, I would find out within one and a half hour.