∞ Chapter 52 ∞

~ Kayley ~

Gwyn needed advice on what to wear to her date with Alex, so after we bought the perfect outfit for the night, I gave her some tips she might need and she when was all happy and into her date, I was dismissed so she could prepare. I figured Rayne would like some alone time to catch up with Reece, although he wouldn't admit it, so I went home and cleaned up my room a bit.

Being on my own gave me some time to think. Last night had been perfect and it had had an amazing ending. I touched my necklace and smiled. Funny thing about it all was, I always thought it was kinda gross, but with Rayne... Well, now I understood why it was called making love. I had always felt incredibly comfortable around him and although I didn't think that could grow even stronger, it had. We knew each other's bodies now, way better than before.

I was about to get lost in my thoughts when I heard the front door open, then thundering feet ran up the stairs and about two seconds later Sam barged into my room. I looked at him as he grabbed the door frame for support. "Oh my god," he breathed as he tried to catch his breath, his eyes wide. "I've just been at Rayne's – "

"What? What were you doing there?" I asked, puzzled.

"Doesn't matter," he interrupted, shaking his head as he tried to catch his breath. "There was a guy who opened the door, and he was like me, or, well, kinda like me and he was amazing and I totally choked. Oh god, he was so handsome and I just stood there, paralyzed, staring at him in shock, making a fool of myself. I'm such an idiot!" He groaned and was hitting his head to door frame at the end of his ramble.

I grinned. "So you met Reece."

His eyes shot back to mine, even wider than before. "You know him?"

"Yeah, he's an old friend from Rayne. We ran into him a few days ago when we were at his mom's place. So, you like him?" I walked to the bed and patted on the spot beside me.

He crossed the room and crashed on the bed. "Like him?" he said exaggerated, "Kay, he is the most attractive guy I have ever seen. I mean, did you see his smile? And those eyes... oh my god, I could just stare at those eyes for hours on end."

While it was new and felt a bit strange to see Sam this exited over someone in general, let alone a guy, I couldn't help but grin. I was genuinely happy to see him like this, because it meant he was comfortable enough being himself to admit his feelings to me. "Yeah, he is very charming."

Sam's close to bouncing posture changed rapidly. His mouth sunk as he suddenly lost all his positive energy and grew serious. "He – he flirted with you? Was Rayne there too?"

I nodded, but only to the second question. "He kissed my hand when he asked me who I was."

Sam looked down as his shoulders hung. His eyes had been shining before, but now they turned dull. He murmured something under his breath that sounded like, "Of course. Why am I so stupid? Like there would be any way..."

"So you think he's attractive?" I asked, wondering where his good mood had flown off to.

He shrugged. "What's the use?"

I pinned him with a look. "Just answer."

He placed his hands on his knees in an attempt to get up. "This must be a weird conversation for you. I should go."

Placing a hand on his shoulder, I kept him seated. "No, it's not weird. Sam, yes or no," I pressured. His hands turned into fists on his knees, full with the fabric of his jeans and he looked up at me, but kept his mouth shut. The sudden sadness in his eyes made me want to hug him, but I needed him to answer, so I rolled my eyes and said, "If you're serious about liking him, answer me."