Chapter One ~Aleena~

My name is Aleena Wilson. You could say that I'm a small town girl who doesn't know much, but you'd be wrong. I wasn't originally a small town girl, and, I know things. A lot of things. Things you wouldn't even believe. Things I myself wouldn't even believe if I hadn't seen it in real life right in front of me. My name is Aleena Wilson, and this is my story.

*

"What?!" I shrieked. "What do you mean, we're moving?"

"Aleena, just—" my mother started.

"Just what, Mom?! I've lived here my whole life! I can't move now!" I turned to my father. He always gave me what I wanted. Surely he'd see things my way. He wouldn't meet my eyes. "Daddy?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. We have to move. I've spoiled you far too much for your own good. New York isn't good for us anymore."

I was shocked. "Daddy!"

He shook his head. "It's final, Aleena. We're moving to Forks, Washington. No arguments. Now, go pack your things. We're leaving in two days." And with that, he turned and went to his study.

I glared at my mother. "You're going to regret this." I said, and then turned and stomped up to my room. Slamming the door shut, I ran to my bed and laid on it, the tears finally falling.

After a few minutes, when I had enough control to stop crying, I called my best friend, Maxine. She prefers to be called Max, though.

"Hello?" she answered. I could hear heavy metal music in the background.

"Max?" I asked quietly.

"Lee-Marie? Is that you?" she turned the music down.

"Yeah. I have something to tell you." I blinked back some tears before they could fall.

"What is it, Lee-Marie?"

"We're...we're moving."

She didn't answer.

"Max?"

"M-moving?" she asked.

"Yes, moving. I don't want to, but Daddy says that New York isn't good for us anymore." I sniffled. "I am so mad at my parents right now."

"I would be too. Where are you moving?"

"Some place called Forks, Washington. That's all the way on the other side of the country! I'll...I'll never be able to visit you, Max."

"Don't worry, babe. We'll figure something out. Just...be yourself. I'll find a way for us to visit. Promise."

I smiled sadly. "Promise on hard rock?"

She laughed. "Of course. Now, when are you leaving?"

"Day after tomorrow."

"So soon?"

"Yeah."

"Well, pack as much as you can today. Tomorrow...is all ours. No 'rents, no rules." With that said, she hung up.

I put my phone on my nightstand, and with the tears silently falling down my face, I started packing.

*

"Here it is." my father said as we got out of the car. "Home sweet home."

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed some bags out of the trunk. I hadn't talked to either one of my parents since I learned that we were moving. It was awkward on the plane. But, I had my iPod, so I listened to my favorite kind of music, hard rock and heavy metal, while they tried to talk to me and apologize. I refused to listen to them and turned the music up even louder.