Chapter Sixty Seven ~Aleena~

I took my time taking a shower; I had to calm down after blowing up on Seth like that.

I sang songs while I showered. That always calmed me down after getting angry with my parents back in New York.

I also took my time drying off. I didn't blow-dry my hair; I just towel-dried it some and then left it down.

I got dressed in the loose T-shirt and sleep pants, put very little make-up on, and then walked out of the bathroom.

Only to find Seth sitting on the floor with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"Seth, what are you—"

"I'm sorry." He stood up and held out the flowers to me.

I took them and said, "Sorry?" I was confused. "For what?"

"For making you mad earlier. I shouldn't have taken so long in the shower. It was just that, I hadn't had an actual shower in so long, and it felt great, so— "

I shut him up by kissing him.

"Do you forgive me?" he asked. He looked really worried, like he was afraid that I might leave him or something like that.

"What do you think?" I said, flirting with him. I gave him a coy half smile.

"Hmm." He grinned. "I'm not sure." He raised his eyebrows. "Could you refresh my memory?"

I dropped the flowers and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Maybe." I whispered, and then proceeded to kiss him some more.

*

"Hey, Mom." I said, walking into the Cullens' kitchen.

It didn't surprise me anymore when I saw her over here. She and Esme had instantly become best friends, once my mom had gotten over the shock of Esme being a vampire.

"Hey, honey." She said, walking over and kissing me on the forehead. She gave me a hug, being careful to keep her dough-covered hands away from me.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"Your favorite." Esme said.

"Chocolate chip pancakes?" I asked.

My mom nodded.

"Yes!" I said.

"What are we so excited about?" Seth asked, walking into the kitchen.

"The best food ever!" I told him before giving him a quick kiss.

"Which is…?" he asked.

"Chocolate chip pancakes!" I said, smiling widely.

He blinked and smirked at me. "Wow, Aleena."

"What?"

"You are so odd."

I gasped and made a shocked face, acting like it actually hurt. I made my bottom lip quiver, like I was going to cry.

He instantly apologized.

"Aleena, I'm sorry." The look on his face was very sincere.

I looked at my mom, and we both started giggling.

Seth scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" he asked.

"Aleena used to do that to her dad all the time." My mom said.

I nodded, still laughing.

Seth's face got serious, and he curled his hands into fists.

I quit laughing at looked at him.

"Seth…?" I said slowly.

"He doesn't like to be tricked." Leah said, walking in from out of nowhere.

I looked from her back to him. "Oh." I said.

His fists started shaking.

I looked back at Leah. "What do I do to calm him down?" I really didn't want him to phase inside, or at all.

"Get him outside." She walked over and put her hand on his shoulder.

He turned to glare at her.

"Seth." She said soothingly. "Let's go outside. I'm sure Esme would appreciate it if you didn't destroy any of her things."

He breathed deeply and nodded.

He then turned and marched outside.

Leah looked at me. "Come on." She said, motioning with her head.

I followed warily.

When I got outside, Seth was rhythmically punching a giant pine tree, which was slowly cracking and starting to fall over.

I looked at Leah.

'What do I do?' I mouthed.

'Apologize.'

I nodded, and then swallowed.

I slowly stepped towards Seth.

"Seth?" I said.

He kept pounding away at the tree.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you don't like being tricked. If I had known, I wouldn't have done that. I'm sorry."

I rubbed my arms and hung my head.

The pounding didn't stop, so I turned and walked over to the river. Leah had disappeared, so I was alone with an angry werewolf.

I didn't hear him stop; his arms were suddenly around me.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

I turned around to face him, staying in his arms.

"You're not mad?"

He shook his head. "Not anymore."

I wrapped my arms around him. "I'm still sorry."

He shook his head again. "You have nothing to apologize for. I'm the one who flipped out. You didn't know."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "I still shouldn't have done it."

"Doesn't matter. It's in the past. Can't change it."

I smiled and stuck my tongue out at him.

In turn, he licked my forehead.

"Ew!" I said, wiping it on his shirt. "What was that for?!"

"You stuck your tongue out at me." He laughed.

"Yeah? And?"

He shrugged. "You stick your tongue out at me; I'll lick your forehead. I used to do that to Leah all the time."

"That is so nasty, Seth."

"Well," he said, "don't stick your tongue out at me."

"I know this now, thank you."

He laughed again. "Come on; let's go eat some of those chocolate chip pancakes."

"Yum!" I said, dragging him with me.