Chapter Eighty Five ~Aleena~

It was warmer than usual when we stepped outside, so I unzipped my graduation gown, revealing my graduation dress.

"Ow!" Max shouted. "Sexy momma!"

"Max!" I said. "Hush!" I swatted her arm.

"It's true." Seth said, catching up to us.

"You have to say that." Maxine said, putting her hands on her hips.

"Doesn't mean it's not true." He retorted, moving to put an arm around me.

I put my head on his shoulder.

"Guys, I love you both; please be nice."

"I'm hurt, Aleena. You don't love me?" Matt, said, putting a hand on his chest in mock pain.

I laughed. "Of course I love you, Matt-Brody. You're adorable."

Seth tightened his arm around me.

I raised my head and looked at him. He was staring at the ground.

"Ooh." Maxine said. "Is someone jealous?"

"Max!" I said. "Sshh!"

"No." Seth replied. He looked at me. "Alice and your sister are coming."

"Alice!" I heard Alison say, out of breath. "Slow down!"

"Hey, guys!" Alice said, stopping in between Maxine and Matt.

She was wearing a short black dress with a blue headband, black and blue zebra print earrings, bright blue eye shadow, blue heels with a black bow on them, a black bracelet with a rose on it, a black necklace, and carrying a blue clutch.

"Oh, my gosh!" Maxine exclaimed.

"What?" Alice said.

"I freaking love your dress and shoes!"

"Thanks! I love yours, too!"

Maxine was wearing a black dress, with black strappy heels, a black string necklace with a silver heart on it, black hoop earrings, and a cloth-flower bobby pin on one side of her hair.

"Thanks!" Maxine said. "But, I would have to say that Aleena's is the best."

All three of the girls turned to look at me.

"Yeah. It is." Alison said.

Alice nodded in agreement.

I smiled. "Thanks, guys. Alice picked it out."

"But you're wearing it."

Seth's stomach suddenly growled.

I looked at him.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, laughing.

He looked at me, smiling.

"What do you think?"

I laughed, then turned to Alice. "Aren't we going to your place to eat?"

"Yeah?" she said, looking at me.

"Well, then, let's go!" I said.

*

"Thanks, Esme. That was delicious!" I told her after we had eaten.

"You're welcome." She said, smiling. "And thank you."

"You're welcome." I said, laughing.

"Hey, guys." Alice walked in.

"Hey, Alice." Max and Alison said. I could tell they already adored Alice.

"Max, Alison. I need your guys' help. Can you two come upstairs with me? Matt, too."

All three of them nodded. "Sure." They said, getting up to follow her.

I stared after them.

Seth walked in the kitchen.

"You look nice." I told him, smiling.

"Thanks." He smoothed his shirt down. "But it's nothing compared to your dress." He smiled, then kissed me.

I smiled again. "Thanks."

Kissing him again, I asked, "Do you know why Alice 'stole' Max, Matt and Alison?" his eyes were closed, so I couldn't look into them.

"No." he said quickly.

Too quickly.

"Seth."

"Yes?" he asked, his eyes still closed.

"Please tell me."

"Tell you what?" Max asked, walking back in. She was followed by Matt and Alison.

"Where's Alice?" I asked.

"Right here." Alice said.

"Where'd you go?" I asked, turning to face her.

"Nowhere." She said, shrugging it off.

I stared at her, mentally willing her to tell me, but the doorbell rang.

"Ooh! Yay!" she said, smiling hugely. "People are already arriving!" she went off to answer the door.

I turned and saw that Max, Matt and Alison were staring at me, an odd look on their faces.

"What!?" I asked.

They blinked. "Nothing." They said in unison.

I glared at them, but Alice called me into the living room before I could get any information out of them.

I sighed and walked into the living room where Alice was, putting on a smile when I saw Leila and Nikki.