Chapter Fifteen ~Aleena~

"We're losing our gifts." Bella said. I was stunned. I caused this!

"How…how can…I…" I didn't even know what to say. I shuddered. "I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"It's not your fault." Alice said, coming over to hug me. "You didn't mean to. It just…happened."

"Yeah, but this Volturi group is coming because of me! I read your thoughts about them. They're not good! It's all my fault!" I jumped up and ran out of the house.

I ran in the woods until I couldn't breathe anymore. Then I found a little spot off to the side. I sat down, not caring that my shorts were getting wet, curled up, and cried myself to sleep.

*

I awoke to the sound of something snuffling around me. I listened mentally, with Edward's gift, and stood up.

Crap! Where the hell is she? Seth thought.

Oh, hell! Why'd Esme make me come out here? Why didn't Edward or Alice come? She has their gifts! Emmett thought.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of my nook.

"Hey, Seth. Hey, Emmett." I said, startling them.

"Oh, God, Aleena! What the hell did you run off for?" Emmett said. Seth just stared up at me in wolf form.

"You know why." I replied, glaring at him.

"Yeah, but do you know how far you ran?" Without letting me reply, he continued. "15 freaking miles outside the city limits!"

"What?"

"Yeah. 15. Freaking. Miles."

"I've never in my life been able to run one, let alone 15 miles. How did I do that?"

He shrugged. "Maybe you got some vampire speed, too." Seth growled at him. "Easy, man. I'm just saying."

"So, I've officially taken Edward, Bella, Renesmee, Jasper, and Alice's gifts, along with werewolf healing and vampire speed? Oh, God. I'm a freak!" I sat back down.

Seth walked up and laid his head in my lap. I stroked his soft fur and said, "What am I going to do, Seth? I can't keep taking things from you guys."

"For starters, you can come back to the house." Emmett said.

"Why?"

"So we can discuss this like normal people, not just run off at the slightest thing." He looked up through the trees. "It's getting dark. Come on."