Chapter Thirty Two ~Seth~

I was standing in the waiting room when Carlisle came in.

"Seth, can I speak to you for a minute?" he asked.

"Sure." I said and followed him.

We stopped outside a room. He turned to face me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Aleena's mother was attacked by a vampire from the Volturi guard. We think it was either Felix or Demetri. He made sure to tell Mrs. Wilson a lot about us."

"What?!" I hissed. My body started trembling.

"Seth, calm down. Aleena is in there explaining the best she can, but she needs you to explain a few things, also. Can you calm down enough to do that?"

I bit my lip and nodded. Closing my eyes, I forced myself to focus on Aleena. Immediately I stopped shaking. I took a deep breath and walked into the room.

"Mom, this is Seth."

"I know that." She snapped.

I grinned.

"I was just making sure, Mom. You didn't know he was a werewolf the first time you met him."

Mrs. Wilson rolled her eyes. "Hello, Seth the Werewolf." She said, smiling at me.

"Hello, Mrs. Wilson. How are you feeling?"

"Much better now that Aleena's explained everything. Well, almost everything."

"What didn't she explain?" I asked. "Maybe I can help."

*

Two hours later, Aleena and I walked out of her mother's room.

When we got a few doors away, she turned to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Helping me explain."

"You're welcome." That's when I noticed. Her eyes were hazel.

"What?" she said when I kept staring at her.

"Your eyes…are hazel." I watched as they slowly turned back to the wolfish eyes. I blinked. "Now they're back to the wolf ones."

"What?"

"I…think your eyes change back to hazel when you're around normal humans."

"Really?! That would explain why nobody said anything about them at school today! Or my parents yesterday and today. Awesome!"

I rolled my eyes. "Come on. You wanna meet my mom or not?"

She shrugged. "Sure, why not?"