Chapter Twenty Seven ~Aleena~

Seth and I walked hand in hand to the river. I couldn't really find a way across without getting my clothes wet, so Seth offered to carry me over on his back.

"But, you'll get your clothes wet." I said.

He shrugged. "I've got spare clothes, Aleena. It doesn't matter."

I was about to refuse some more until I heard a twig snap.

My head spun to the direction the snap had come from.

"Who's there?" I asked.

Nobody answered, so I narrowed my eyes and listened mentally.

I opened my eyes and rolled them. "Emmett. You're not funny."

Emmett walked out of the trees, grinning as usual.

I crossed my arms and stared at him, waiting for an explanation.

"What?" he said. "Alice sent me to see if you needed help getting across the river. That's all; I promise."

I raised my eyebrows. He just raised his hands and said, "Believe what you want; that's the truth. Now, you want across the river or not?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes again. "Yeah."

*

As soon as I got in the house, Alice wrapped me up in a tight hug.

"Alice!" I gasped. "Can't…breathe!"

"Oh!" she said. "Sorry!" She let me go, and I gulped in air.

"What was that about?" I asked when I could breathe again.

"I…missed you."

I put my hand on my hip, cocked an eyebrow, and looked at her.

She ignored me and said, "Come on; you've got to go see your parents before we can play."

"What?"

"Your mom saw Bella somewhere, so they know that we're back from 'camping.' So, now you have to go see them. I think your dad thinks you might be dead. I don't know why."

I rolled my eyes and said, "I couldn't imagine why, what with me being around over 30 vampires." I smiled at her look. "Fine. But, Seth's coming with me. They need to meet him."

"What?" His eyebrows and voice shot up.

I looked at him. "You've imprinted on me; my parents have to meet you. And, we'll have to be careful with what we say when we're around them."

He sighed. "Okay."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

He didn't answer; he just walked over and kissed me. "Only 'cause I love you."

I gasped when he said that. "You've…never said that before."

He shrugged. "I did the other day when you were in that hospital room. I can understand you not remembering that, though."

I laughed and said, "I love you too."

He smiled. "Good."

*

This time, I got to drive to my house. I was wearing a plain, dark gray, slightly snug t-shirt, a pair of dark denim skinny jeans, and a pair of worn-out converses. The only item of clothing that was mine was the converses. Even the jewelry wasn't mine, except for one of the necklaces and the two rings: my class ring and a ring I had bought somewhere. I thought it was cute; it was an impulse buy. I was wearing my glasses, also. They were regular square frames, but I loved them. I had my hair pulled into a loose ponytail, with my bangs loose. Alice had tied a black ribbon around it at the last minute. I rolled my eyes when she did.