Chapter Nineteen ~Aleena~

I was freezing and burning up at the same time, and in pain. I wanted to move to get away from the pain, but whenever I did, the pain only intensified. So I just laid there, not moving. But even when I didn't move, the pain worsened. I closed my eyes, trying to block it out. I just kept them closed; it helped not seeing the pain in Seth's face whenever he looked at me.

"Seth, just…GO!" I said, trying not to let him hear the pain in my voice.

"What?"

"Just…go. I know…you're worried. Go…run…patrols, or something. Get your mind off of this."

He came over and kissed my forehead. "I love you." He whispered.

"Love…you, too." I whispered through clenched teeth.

I didn't hear him leave; it was like I felt him walk away. And when he did…it felt like he took half of me with him.

But, when Seth was gone, I could finally let go of my show for him.

"ALICE!" I yelled. "What is going on?"

"We're not exactly sure. Carlisle is running some tests." She touched my arm and I hissed.

"Why…are you…so…cold? You…weren't…this…cold earlier."

"You're closer to Seth's temperature; that's why we seem so cold to you now."

"Why?"

"Again, we're not exactly sure." Carlisle said. "I'm going to run some tests on your blood samples that I took." He patted my arm; I tried not to flinch from the coldness. "We're going to figure this out. Alice, I want you to keep a very close watch on her. Alert me immediately if anything changes. Aleena, I'll be back as soon as I can."

When he was gone, Alice spoke. "Aleena, tell me how bad the pain is. I know you're in pain."

"On…a scale of…one…to ten?" I asked.

"Yes."

"One…hundred." I looked at her. "Alice…I'm scared."

She placed her hand on my forehead. "I know. But we're here for you. Just remember that."

Then I passed out.