Chapter Twenty ~Seth~

I was in the living room when I heard Aleena yell, "ALICE!" I wanted to go up there and see what was wrong, but Esme was shaking with tearless sobs.

I tried to comfort her the best I could, but I wasn't doing a good job. I was crying myself. I tried to hide it, and Esme just wound up comforting me.

But when I heard Alice yell for Carlisle, I couldn't stay down there anymore. I sprinted up the stairs with Esme on my heels.

I walked in, and Aleena was asleep. Alice was holding her hand, and Carlisle was writing something on a clipboard.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Alice looked up at me with pain in her eyes. When she saw that I had noticed, she quickly looked at Carlisle.

"Carlisle." Esme said. He turned to look at us, and he had the same expression as Alice.

"What's wrong with her?!" I yelled. I gripped the door frame for support. It cracked under my strength.

"She's…" Carlisle started.

"She's what?" the tears were falling down my face freely now.

"Just listen." Alice said.

I listened. I heard my heartbeat, but from Aleena…nothing.

"No." I said.

"Wait! She's not dead. Come closer."

I walked closer. As I got closer, I noticed that her chest was moving up and down. "She's…breathing? But, her heart…"

"She's half-vampire, half-werewolf." Carlisle said.

I tried not to pass out. It was hard. "She's…what?"

"Half-vampire, half-werewolf."

"But…how…?" I couldn't form a coherent thought.

"We're not sure."

"You're not sure about anything!" I yelled. "Figure this out!" I went to Aleena and held her hand. "Aleena," I cried, "Please, wake up!"

Slowly, ever so slowly, Aleena opened her eyes. Her wolfish eyes.