Chapter Three ~Aleena~

I was sitting in the living room, on the piano bench since there wasn't room to sit anywhere else, when my phone vibrated, scaring me.

"What is it?" Renesmee asked when I jumped.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket. "My dad. Is there anywhere I could go to talk to him?"

"Yeah. Alice?"

"Yes, Renesmee?" Alice looked up at us.

"Can Aleena use your room?"

"Sure. You know where it is."

"Alright. Come on, Aleena!" she almost sprinted up the stairs.

I followed her down a hallway. She had disappeared, so I called, "Renesmee?"

"In here!" I heard from a door on my left. I walked in, turning the light on. She was sitting on the bed. "I'll wait outside." She said, getting up and walking past me.

"Okay." I pulled my phone back out, and answered it. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you?!" My dad yelled.

"I'm over at the—"

"You know what?! It doesn't matter where you are! Get home, now!"

"But, Dad—"

"No! Get home!" He hung up.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, putting my phone back in my pocket. I walked out into the hallway.

"What did he want?" Renesmee asked.

"I have to go home. He's really angry."

"Oh. I'll see if Alice can take you home." She walked down the hallway back to the living room.

When I got down there, Alice had a set of keys in her hand. "Come on, Aleena." She said, seeming sad. I followed her back to the garage. But, instead of getting back in the red convertible, she got in the drivers' seat of a yellow Porsche. Slightly confused, I got in, too.

On the way down the green driveway, I asked Alice a question.

"Alice?"

"Hmm?"

"The next time I come over, if there is a next time, do you think Carlisle and Esme would tell me their story?"

"Their what?!" She asked, looking shocked.

"Well, they look way too young to have...five children and a granddaughter Renesmee's age. I just want to know how they still look so young."

"Oh." She seemed relieved that that was what I wanted to know. "They adopted us. Esme is unable to have children."

"Oh."

She didn't say anything else, so the rest of the way home was silent.