Chapter Sixty One ~Aleena~

I woke up with a jerk. Blinking and looking around, I could hear shushed muttering in the kitchen.

I stretched and got up off of the floor. I saw that Seth wasn't on the couch anymore.

He must have woken up while I was still asleep.

I thought to myself.

"Aleena's awake." I heard Edward say.

Seth walked in. He grinned and hugged me.

"Hey." He said.

I grunted in response.

"You okay?"

I nodded and rubbed my eyes.

"She just woke up; she needs coffee before she'll speak." Edward said.

I nodded, agreeing with him.

"Good thing I just made a pot of coffee, then, isn't it?" Esme said, laughing.

I ignored them and walked in the kitchen. My face brightened at the familiar sight of hot coffee in the maker.

I looked at Edward.

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Mugs are in the cabinet over the sink."

I went over to the sink and opened the cabinet. I grabbed the biggest mug I could find and poured coffee in it.

I looked at Edward again.

He rolled his eyes, but said, "Creamer's in the cabinet above the maker; sugar's in the container by the sink."

I smiled at him in thanks, and set to work making my coffee taste delicious.

I took a drink, and sighed with pleasure.

"Will you speak now?" Seth asked me.

I held up a finger.

As quick as I could, I sipped half of the hot coffee, and then spoke.

"Yum." Was the first thing I said.

Seth laughed. "Good…afternoon, actually."

"Really?"

He nodded. "We apparently slept almost all day."

I made a face and nodded.

"So," I said as I sat down at the bar beside a stacked plate of food. Holding my cup of coffee in my hand and swirling it, I finished, "What do we do now?"

"Well," Edward said, going over to help Esme wash the dishes. "You still have Aro's gift, so he has to come out here."

"No." I said.

"What?" Seth asked.

"I don't want him out here. I don't want any of them out here. We're going to them. I'm going to them."

"Not alone, you're not." Seth argued.

"Seth, they've used you way too many times; I can't let that happen again."

"Well, you're not going by yourself." Alice said.

"I can't endanger any of you again. I have to go by myself."

"No." my mother—er, Michelle said, coming in the kitchen. "I'm going with you."

"You can't—"

"I'm going with you. The Volturi know where your biological mother is."

I gasped.

*

"After your mother had you, and Alison was six, almost seven, your mother and father went on vacation in Italy. While there, she met a guy. He was intelligent, funny, and…beautiful. Your mother fell in love with him, even though she was already married to your father.