Chapter Seventy Four ~Seth~

I heard a scream. It came from the cliffs.

"No!" I yelled.

I started running faster and phased on the fly.

JAKE! I mentally yelled.

What is it? he asked, instantly on alert.

Aleena. Get everyone at the cliffs. I'm going after her.

Seth—

Jake! I have to. I showed him what had happened.

Go! I'll get the others.

I heard him howl, and then Leah phase.

What's—

I blocked off Leah and Jake. I had to concentrate.

I dodged the brier-patch, then leapt off the cliff and dove into the water.

I phased back to human in mid-air, took a deep breath, and broke the surface.

Once under water, I squinted my eyes and searched for Aleena.

I saw her floating near the bottom, tangled in some underwater vines. She wasn't moving.

I quickly rose above the water, took a deep breath, and dove back down.

I was about fifteen to twenty feet away when I saw movement in the corner of my eye.

I stopped swimming and turned.

Nothing.

I turned back toward Aleena.

And almost yelled. Underwater.

Jane was floating next to her, staring at me with an evil smile on her face.

I started to swim towards Aleena, but my ankles and wrists were grabbed.

I looked around me, struggling.

Felix, Demetri, Alec, and Heidi had each grabbed one of my arms or legs.

I struggled to get loose, but I couldn't. Not with four vampires holding me.

Heidi moved closer to my face.

She grinned, and then bit my neck.

I yelled, letting water fill my lungs.

The last thing I saw was Aleena struggling against Jane, trying to get to me.