Chapter Twelve ~Seth~

As I drove down the driveway, Aleena rolled down her window and let the wind blow her hair everywhere. I tried not to watch her. She propped her feet up on the dashboard as I pulled out onto the main road. Her skirt slid up, revealing a few inches of her thigh. She was too busy looking out the window to notice me watching. She glanced forward, and screamed, "Seth! Look out!"

I looked to see another car barreling straight for us. It crashed into the windshield, and then the world turned black.

*

I woke up in my room. I mentally checked for any injuries. No broken bones that I could feel, but I was really sore. I tried to remember what happened, and my mind drew a blank. I closed my eyes, trying to get rid of the headache that had suddenly appeared, when someone spoke.

"You were in an accident." I looked, and it was Edward.

I remembered something. "Aleena? Is she okay?" I sat up quickly, and had to lie back down.

"She's…fine."

"You paused. What's wrong?"

He wouldn't talk.

"Edward, so help me God, what the hell is wrong with her?"

He winced when I said that, but I ignored it. "Edward." I said, pleading.

"She's fine. Really. You should see for yourself." He walked to my door, leaned out, and called, "Aleena? Could you come here, please?"

She walked in, and I breathed in relief. She was fine, but… Edward, why is she perfectly fine? I was injured in that, and she's perfectly fine.

He just shrugged. She walked to me. Placing her hands on my face, she whispered, "Are you okay?" her eyes were full of concern for me.

"Yes." I grabbed her right hand and held it. I noticed something on her arm. I pushed the sleeve up. "You're hurt!" I exclaimed.

"It's nothing, Seth. Honest." She pulled the sleeve back down.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Two days." Edward answered.

How bad was she? I asked mentally. 'Bad,' he mouthed behind her.

I closed my eyes. Then why is she already healed? I looked at him, but he was gone. Aleena was still looking at me. "You really should rest." She said.

"Don't leave." I begged.

She smirked. "I've been staying with you for the past two days. I only left because Emmett picked me up and carried me out of here."

I laughed, and then stopped because it hurt.

"Please, sleep." She repeated.

I nodded, already falling asleep.