14: Arrhythmia (Revised)

An arrhythmia describes an irregular heartbeat - the heart may beat too fast, too slowly, too early, or irregularly. Arrhythmias occur when the electrical signals to the heart that coordinate heartbeats are not working properly. For instance, some people experience irregular heartbeats, which may feel like a racing heart or fluttering. Many heart arrhythmias are harmless; however, if they are particularly abnormal, or result from a weak or damaged heart, arrhythmias can cause serious and even potentially fatal symptoms.

_________________________________

2014, 2nd Year MBBS

Oslo, Norway

I found myself hanging out with these dickheads all of a sudden. I don't really know what happened. Sanay akong mag-isa ko lang and all of a sudden, kung saan saan na lang ako tinatangay ng mga hinayupak na ito. Minsan kahit ayaw ko, napapasama na lang ako kasi kinakaladkad nila ako. Nagpapakaladkad rin naman ako minsan. Nakakapagod labanan dahil ang lakas nilang humila. Baka buhatin lang akong parang sako ng bigas.

Funny how these people act like idiots. They're all 20-something yet they are a bunch of kids when they are together. They don't mind acting stupid even if other people are around. There was one time when they experimented with their food after we dined on a fast food. And what did we get after that? A disgusted look from one of the cleaning staff. We ran off as fast as we could to avoid getting reprimanded.

Did I say "WE"?

Yeah, I meant that. WE because I am already a part of their clique. They call me baby since I am the youngest. It's quite gross actually. The girls from class are giving me weird looks like I'm some sort of an alien from outer space. Some of them are even asking me which of the idiots is my boyfriend.

Boyfriend?

Spell YUCK.

Minsan lang talaga ang sarap nilang upakan. Ang dami nilang kabalbalan na ginagawa at nadadamay ako na nananahimik lang sa sulok. They're good looking and smart men but they are weird as hell!

Papunta kami sa mall ngayon to watch a movie. Their treat of course. Sila nagyaya eh di sila manlibre. Kapal naman nila. Pinilit na nga akong lumabas tapos papagastusin pa ako?! Ha! Natutulog dapat ako ngayon eh or naglalaro ng computer games. Malalagot na naman ako kay Jake kasi bigla akong nawawala na hindi nagpasabi. Di bale libre naman pagkain ko ngayon. Bawi na rin.

_________

Terrence

We never really planned on going out today or hanging out. I just wanted to get some fresh air and all of a sudden one of them said "Hey, let's watch a movie. I'm bored to death."

And it escalated from there.

"Let's get her out of her cage." I said.

"Sino?" One of them replied.

"Who else could it be? The apple of his eye, moron!" Ken said.

We all bursted in laughter with that. I am really fascinated with her. Maybe because of her resemblance to the only sibling I know of, Aya. My biological father's daughter. They look alike. She has chinky eyes and small pink lips. Their hair, both jet black and hazel brown eyes. I would love to bring them together and let them face each other. Para silang nagsasalamin siguro kung sakali.

"She kinda looks like at first glance. Don't you think?" I asked them and they all nodded.

We drove to her apartment and started pounding on her door. Shouting her name at the same time. We didn't really care if we bothered her neighbors since we were having fun disturbing her anyway.