70: Cyclothymia

Cyclothymia, also called cyclothymic disorder, is a rare mood disorder. Cyclothymia causes emotional ups and downs, but they're not as extreme as those in bipolar I or II disorder.

With cyclothymia, you experience periods when your mood noticeably shifts up and down from your baseline. You may feel on top of the world for a time, followed by a low period when you feel somewhat down. Between these cyclothymic highs and lows, you may feel stable and fine.

Although the highs and lows of cyclothymia are less extreme than those of bipolar disorder, it's critical to seek help managing these symptoms because they can interfere with your ability to function and increase your risk of bipolar I or II disorder.

_______________________________________

"Happy birthday, Rae. I love you, honey." I whispered to the heavens as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I miss talking to him before going to sleep. I miss just cuddling in bed with him. I miss his failed attempts at baking. I miss his smile, his kisses and his touch.

I laid on the blanket beside my car. I had a picnic all on my own. Ganito sana kasi kami magdidiwang ng birthday ni Raven kung buhay pa siya. He was happy with simple things like picnics and dates. Grand gestures are always out of the question.

"So you were here." Nakapamulsa siyang nakatayo sa dulo ng blanket na kinahihigaan ko. Wala akong lakas para singhalan siya kaya bumangon lang ako at tinignan siya.

Nakasuot siya ng itim na cargo shorts at puting t-shirt. Suot din niya ang prescription glasses niya.

"Upo ka. Kain tayo." Might as well ask him to sit down with me and eat kasi hindi ko rin naman kayang ubusin lahat ng dala kong pagkain.

"What's the occasion? Do you have a date with someone?" He asked and I just raised my brows.

"I just wanted to have a picnic with myself." I chuckled. "It's my husband's birthday today." I sighed and played with the hem of my skirt.

"You really love him." I heard him sigh. "You miss him that much?"

"I really loved him, Terrence. Mahal na mahal ko ang asawa ko pero maaga siyang kinuha sa akin. But I have to live, for my son. I miss him so much, T." I felt a teardrop roll down my face and I hurriedly brushed it off with my hand.

He expelled a heavy breath and removed his glasses.

"But he's gone now, An. I'm sure gusto niya ring maging masaya ka kahit wala na siya. His death will not be your death as well, Anrie. You have to move forward."

"Hindi ko alam, Terrence. Nung iniwan mo ako para kay Stacy kinaya ko pa. But this one? Ang sakit. Sobrang sakit kasi alam kong kahit kailan hindi na siya makakabalik sa akin kasi Diyos na ang kumuha sa kanya. There's no getting over this one, Terrence."

"You are the one who's refusing to move on, An. Let go of him. Free him."

_______

Terrence

I held her right hand, pleading for her to let go of Raven. Her grief is destroying her.

"Anrie, hindi pwedeng nakakulong ka sa mga alaala niyo ni Raven. He's gone and he's never coming back. You have to let go and have a better life, yun din ang gugustuhin niya. Hindi ko lang to ginagawa dahil gusto kong balikan mo ako. Kahit hindi mo na ako balikan, Anrie. I just want you to free yourself from the pain."

Tumingala lamang siya sa kalangitan at tumulo ang luha.

"Isipin mong ako si Raven. Ano'ng gusto mong sabihin?"