Ch. 23-Apologizing

Addy's P.O.V

A week has passed. Harry's parents know that I'm staying with them now. Harry eventually explained to them my situation and they agreed I could stay with them. But their agreement for me staying is after a week, I have to apologize to my parents. And that's what I have to do right now.

Harry and I were walking to my house hand in hand. I look at Harry.

" I'm extremely scared how this is going to end up." I say. Harry kisses my cheek.

" You'll be fine babe." Harry says. We walk to my front yard. We stand in my front yard and I look at my house.

" You can do it beautiful. I believe in you." Harry says. I nod my head. I can apologize to my mum.

Harry and I walk to my door. I ring my doorbell. I heard shuffling behind the door and then the door swings open.

" Addy! You're home! And you brought Harry!" Adam exclaims. He right away attaches to my waist.

" It's good to see you too, Adam. Do you know if mum is home?" I say patting his back with my hand that was not holding Harry's hand.

" Adam, what have I told you about answering the door to strangers?" Mum asks. She walks towards the door. She notices me standing there with my hand interlocked with Harry's hand.

" Especially strangers like these two." Mum spits. Adam lets go of my waist and looks at mum.

" But mum, it's just Harry and Addy." Adam says nonchalantly.

" Good to see you too mum." I say.

" Hold on. Adam, you know who this boy is?" Mum asks.

" Yeah, he's Harry! He makes Addy stressed a lot, but I think he's a pretty cool dude." Adam says.

" He doesn't make me stressed anymore Adam." I say. Adam turns to Harry.

" That makes you even cooler!" Adam exclaims. He attaches to Harry's waist. Harry wraps his arms around Adam.

" Adam, no, we don't hug people like that." Mum says.

" Mum, don't say that! He doesn't deserve that!" I say.

" Fine. Why did you come over here in the first place?" Mum says.

" I wanted to apologize for running away. You weren't seeing what I was seeing and running away kinda seemed like the best choice during that time. So, I'm sorry. I would love to move back in, if that's okay." I say. Mum raises her eyebrows, pleased that I apologized. But I could tell she didn't want to take my apology just yet.

" I accept your apology and you can move back in. On one condition. You can't see him anymore." Mum says. I turn to face Harry.

" Do you see how difficult she is? So, I tried, let's go back." I say starting to walk off my porch. Harry pulls me back.

" That doesn't mean you give up. Try and compromise with her." Harry says. I let out a sigh. I look at mum.

" I'm sorry that doesn't work out. Punish me if you have to, but I have to see him. I can't stand not seeing him." I say. Dad walks by the front door.

" Jesus, Allison, you're so stupid. The kids are in love. You can't separate them, they're in too deep." Dad says.

" He gets it." I say mentioning towards dad. Mum looks at us holding hands. Adam looks at us too.

" I agree with dad. They are in love." Adam says.

" You dumbshit, you don't even know what love is." Aidan says from the family room.

" Of course I know what love is!" Adam yells back.

" Boys, knock it off!" Mum yells. She looks back at me and Harry. Harry squeezes my hand reassuringly. She sighs.

" You're right. I would be tearing you apart. Addy, you're welcomed back home. And Harry, welcome to the family. Sorry we treated you so bad before." Mum says.

" You're okay, Mrs. Anderson." Harry says. My face brightened up. I look at Harry. He had a smile on his face. I kiss his chin. I look to mum.

" I'm going to go grab my bag, and then I'll be back, okay?" I say.

" Be back soon." Mum says. I nod my head. Harry and I walk away from my house. We started to walk back to Harry's place.

" Look at that. You made up with your family." Harry says.

" Yeah. It would've been so difficult without you there." I say.

" That's why I was there." Harry says. We eventually made it to his house. We walk in and Harry's step-mum was waiting for us by the door with my suitcase.

" Is she okay to go back?" She asks.

" Yeah. She made up with everyone." Harry says.

" No! I don't want Addison to leave me!" Nathan yells. He runs to me and latches onto my waist. He starts to cry. I wrap my arms around him.

" Nathan, I won't be leaving the country. I can come visit anytime you want, and you can come over to my house, not just for me, but you can also hang out with my brother. He's a cool kid just like you." I say. I saw Harry talking to his step-mum. They were both looking at me and nodding their heads. I look at them weird. Nathan looks up at me.

" You really think I can?" Nathan asks tears in his eyes. I wipe the tears away that were escaping his eyes.

" Oh, I know you can. Adam would love to meet you. He loves meeting new people. And since you're related to Harry, and he likes Harry, he's going to love you." I say. Nathan lets go of me. He wipes his face on his sleeve.

" Okay. Can you and I play next week?" Nathan asks looking up at me and his eyes sparkling with tears.

" Of course we can." I say messing up his hair. He smiles and then runs up the stairs. Harry was standing by the door with my suitcase in hand, waiting for me.

" Come on Addison, we gotta get you home." Harry says.

" I'm coming Harry." I say. I quickly walk to his side. He interlocks his hand with mine.

Together we walked back to my house. Honestly, me making up with my family would have been going no where without Harry. I'm glad he's in my life.

***

Holy shit, I think this was probably one of the shortest chapters I've ever written in my life. But I hope you liked it.

I actually shouldn't say this was the shortest chapter I've ever written in my life because I've actually written shorter chapters than this when I was younger. So yeah.

I have nothing else better to say. Per usual.

Thanks for reading. Please make sure you're voting because it makes my day.

***