12th♀

12th♀

I was stuck on cleaning assignments because apparently it was my turn to clean this week. My partner—Baro—was all show but no do. He only made sure he stayed long enough to convince people he was cleaning the classroom with me but once everyone left the classroom, he left with them. I was the one left to clean the classroom all by myself. 

The things I learned to tolerate. 

But Baro isn't as bad as the new kid. Finally, I have been lifted from being called 'The New Kid'. Though, this new kid was nothing like me on the first day. Kang Minguk is his name, but when I expected him to be someone like the kid Minguk on the famous reality show "The Return of Superman", he ended up becoming someone I despised. 

Heck, he was a level close to Mom. Yup, that's pretty much how much I hate him. It's only his third day in Hamji, yet, he's acting all persistent and conceited about himself. He expects us to worship him like all those mad girls outside Hamji High's school gate. This guy's worse than all the Mr. Big Ego combined in our school.

Luckily, for me, he wasn't in the same dormitory as me and the boys. He was in Dormitory 2, whereas I was in Dormitory 3. Even if he wasn't in the same dormitory, he was still a no. 1 arrogant dude that bothers me just because I was the new kid before him. 

"New kid, dispose this for me." Kang Minguk suddenly entered the classroom, handing me a porn magazine. Before leaving, he gave me a wink. "I trust you, okay? If you get in trouble with it, say it's yours and not mine. Okay?"

This wasn't even the first time he did this to me. He couldn't just torment me because I was the new kid before him. When I wanted to throw the magazine at his face, he already left the classroom. Fuming with anger, I threw the magazine onto the floor and stepped on it, shouting in anger. 

"Haneul, are you okay?" a voice then asked, which startled me because I thought I was alone. 

I looked up at the door's direction and found Jun worriedly staring at me with his arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the door frame. "Huh? Oh. I'm fine."

"Is Minguk causing trouble for you again?" Jun knowingly asked, taking a seat on the table in the front row. 

I kicked the porn magazine away from me until it slid and hit the teacher's table. "That kid is such a pain. He asked me to dispose a porn magazine! Porn! What is his deal?!"

"Don't worry so much about him, Haneul. Rumor has it he actually got expelled from his old school because he caused so much trouble like sexually harassing girls," Jun told me, poking a straw into a banana milk drink. He handed it to me.

"Thanks," I muttered, drinking it up in anger. At least the milk managed to cool me down from my burning anger that Minguk gave me. "Let me just burn that magazine to ashes."

"Do you want to? The rooftop is the last place teacher checks because it's too high up and they're lazy to walk up the stairs to check every time," Jun told me, giving me an encouraging smile. "So we can burn this magazine up there."

"Can we?" I was ready enough to even drag Minguk up the rooftop and drop him down. I wasn't going to, though, or I'd be in jail for murder. 

"I'll prepare the supplies tonight. So, we shall have a campfire. Oh! I have an idea! How about we make s'mores with the fire we make?" Jun suggested, which made me give him a thumbs up in reply.

"Sounds great, Jun. Just let me throw out the thrash then let's go to the supermarket nearby to buy the supplies," I said, pulling the plastic bag out of the bin and tying and sealing it properly so no thrash falls out.