30th♀

30th♀

I ran as fast as I could, dashing through the streets with my phone tightly clutched in my hand. My face felt wet from the stream of tears rolling down my eyes as I ran. I didn't care. Nothing mattered except for my oppa at this very moment. 

I dashed to where the accident happened and saw Seung Gi being placed on a stretcher and was boarding up the ambulance truck. His head was bleeding and he was unconscious. I worried even more. 

I couldn't help it anymore. I made my way through the front of the crowd, waited a little before I ended up running up to the ambulance truck. "Wait!"

"I'm sorry, sir, we can't let you in unless you have connections with this person," said the nurse. 

"We're siblings. Please, let me ride on the ambulance, too. I need to know if he's okay," I begged, wanting to climb up already. My eyes were watery and red but I didn't care. 

"Okay. Get on," said the nurse, making way for me to enter and sit down, watching Seung Gi oppa in the stretcher with a bleeding head. Another nurse or doctor treated his head while others did whatever they were supposed to. 

I sat by the sides, trying to hold in the tears but failed to do so. Oppa... whatever happens... I hope you'll still be okay. 

♀~♀~♀

Seungkwanie: haneul, where are you? 

Seungkwanie: ami, where did you go?

Seungkwanie: ami, you're not here in the gym, dorm, rooftop or anywhere. 

Seungkwanie: someone said they saw you leave the gym with a shocked face. did something happen?

Seungkwanie: haneul... you're worrying me. where are you?

I locked my phone and shoved it back into my pocket, burying my face into my hands and telling myself not to cry again. Seung Gi has been there for so long now. I'm not sure how long but it felt as if hours has passed. 

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and fished it out to read the caller's ID: Seungkwanie. I didn't feel like talking to anyone right now so I decided to switch my phone off once the call ended up becoming a missed call. 

I'm sorry Seungkwan. I'll explain one day... just not today. 

I waited and waited for the doctors to tell me something. I eyed all the doctors that walk pass me, hoping for something, news, but they seem to be tending other people. Where are the doctors of my oppa, then? 

After three hours, a doctor finally approached me and I stood up. I shakily asked, "How is he?"

"He fell into a coma. I'm sorry. On the bright side, the surgery went well and he's stable. We're all just waiting for him to wake up," the doctor told me. He fixed his glasses before he bowed. "We did our best. Would you like to visit him, though?"

"Nae," I replied in a soft voice. I think I lost it from holding back all the tears. I felt distraught hearing that oppa's in a coma. I followed the kind doctor that lead me to Seung Gi's room but halted in front of the door.

Room 1132 - Kim Seung Gi.

They used his real name. Not that Ethan Kim or whatever but his actual real name. The name I continued to call when I was a kid up til my young adolescents. I wish he was awake so I could give him a hug but he wouldn't even remember me if I did. He'd see me as Kim Haneul—his nam dongseng from Hamji High, an all-boys school.