20th♀

20th♀

I was screwed.

The day just keeps getting more and more interesting with all the encounters I've faced. Now, with these two monsters right in front of me, I wondered if my secret would be exposed today. After all, I haven't talked to Jeonghan like I used to or cracked the mystery of this Ethan dude.

"So nice to see you again, Kim Haneul! How's your leg?" Changmin, the Ruthless King, asked with his ever bright smile I despised. 

"It's doing fine," I replied with gritted teeth. Seungkwan was sitting there, smiling obliviously. Right, I never told him that he was talking to the Evil Queen and Ruthless King right now. "What are you doing here, seonsaengnim?"

I ignored Mom's searching face. It was as if she knew it was me, but over the week, I grew more and more distant from the old way I used to look. At least, I looked more like a guy now. 

"You look like Kim Ami," Mom suddenly blurted out, examining my face closely.

"Lady, hasn't anyone ever told you not to stare at someone like that?" I said, sending her a small glare before I forced up another smile. 

"He's not Kim Ami, jagiya. He's one of the students from Hamji High. I said the same thing before to him. He really looks like Kim Ami, right?" Changmin asked her, wrapping a hand around her waist. "He's Kim Haneul. He said he's friends with Ami."

Before Mom could extend her hand out for a handshake, I pulled Seungkwan up from his seat and said, "We'd love to stay and talk but we have to get back to school now. We have a heap of homework and we only have limited time. Bye."

"Okay, but—" I heard Mom say behind us but I had already dragged Seungkwan far from the two of them.

"What was that? Who were those two people? Why were they calling you by your real name? Nurse Changmin seems to know your real name too," Seungkwan said.

I slapped the ice cream against his chest, my fist tightening. I glared at Seungkwan before I left my own way. I wasn't happy with the fact that Seungkwan was talking with them. Though it wasn't his fault. It was...

Mine. 

It was my fault that I never told him. My fault that I was stupid and naive to think life would continue on with happy endings for everyone. I freaking hate myself because whenever I looked at Mom and Changmin, I couldn't help but feel the burning anger take over me. 

To be married or not, Mom cheated on Dad. Truth. To live with us or not, Mom lied to me about Changmin and about everything. It's like my whole life has been drenched with lies that added up to another and there was no more truth.

Ami is a girl. Lie. Even my own gender has become a lie. What am I? Who am I? What's my purpose in this life?

Even with all the friends I have, good or bad, I can't hide the fact I feel so alone in this world. That no matter who fills the empty spaces in my life, there was not much of a difference.

I was alone.

Dad and Seung Gi left me and they could never be brought back to life. Mom left me to entertain her own feelings and what's left for me? Nothing but a road of broken hearts and dreams. Nothing but my reminiscing and painful memories I don't want to remember. They haunt me everywhere. The voices, the moments that playback. 

I sat down on a bench the moment I spotted it and sat down, feeling something wet drop from my face onto my arm. I rubbed it off my arm, wondering where the water came from. It took me three seconds to figure out that the water that was dropping onto me wasn't rain, but tears.