24th♀

24th♀

Fate is a tricky thing that continues to pull us back and forth. It continues to play with our feelings, no matter how much you try to flee. Whether you're in love, finding for someone else or just meeting someone you thought died years ago.

Sure is a tricky thing. 

"So... what do you want to talk to me about?" I asked awkwardly while trying to examine his facial features in the least obvious and stalker way. I didn't want to look like I'm checking him out. That would be disgusting and wrong. 

"I heard from Sehun before you wanted to talk to me?" Ethan—er, Seung Gi or, er... dude? asked me. "Sorry, I had vocal lessons that day. I didn't know Sehun would you meet you that night. That dude really needs to cut down on his bubble tea."

I didn't know why, but I smiled at the way he talked. He sounded like oppa, only with an even deeper voice compared to before. I know that it's Seung Gi. I know it is him. But, often, you just can't fully grasp at the thought itself. 

"Anyway, did you have something to tell me that night?" Ethan—Seung Gi, what do I call him? 

"Uhh..." I tried to keep my composer and not end up looking like some dude checking out another dude. "I wanted to ask you more about yourself. Your family background and such."

Ethan raised an eyebrow at me, not expecting me to ask such a thing. Yup, I would have done the same if someone asked me something like that. And yes, I'm calling him Ethan. I still haven't decided to call him Seung Gi yet. I... The thought hasn't fully sunk in yet.

"Why are you curious about that, Haneul?" Ethan asked me, trying his best to hide his amused smile but he wasn't great at doing that. Just like Seung Gi. 

"Didn't you say you're my hyung now? I should at least know a few things about my hyung... right?" That was the lamest excuse I could ever come up with. I could even hear Seungkwan in a distance saying his famous line. 

"Oh, yeah. Majayo." Ethan rubbed the back of his neck and laughed a little. "Well, my dad's Korean and my mom's American. I think my dad says we have amnesia but he said our past lives weren't important, anyway. My mom may not be my birth mom, but she's a good mom."

Of course. Any other Mom would be better than my witch of a mom right now. I smiled and nodded my head, following his words. "Have you never, uh, tried digging into your life before you had amnesia?"

"Oh, we can do that?" Ethan asked, sounding like it was the first time he heard of such a thing. 

I thought my oppa was the smart type? I guess the amnesia had some other affect on him. "Yeah," I answered, "there is. Maybe you could ask the Seoul Hospital. Maybe they'll have records from..."

I wasn't sure which year it would be, but I knew that it was from four years ago. If I said it myself, Ethan would start being suspicious around me because I knew the year he got into an accident. So I waited for him to answer it himself. 

"Four years," Ethan answered with a smile that it eventually sent chills down my spine and gave me goosebumps and I didn't even know why. "I was in an accident four years ago."

That was all I really needed to know. 

♀~♀~♀

The Mister Pretty contest drew nearer and nearer even most of the classes have been post-pond because of all the busy schedules like decorating. Because of the mess Minguk made in the gym which Seungkwan and I worked hard to set up, he was stuck decorating that, and I was glad.