Chapter 16

I woke up in the middle of the night. Brody was by my side, fast asleep. I turned to my night stand and my alarm showed it was 3:37 am. I rubbed my eyes then got out of the bed. I lifted up my teddy bear then opened his back and took out the hidden letters.

I left my room and went up to the next story of the house. I went along the rooms and stopped at Zayn's. I knew Zayn would understand this mess more than anyone, just like all the rest of my family, he studied law.

I knocked gently on his door then walked in. Zayn started to stir in his sleep, I sat on the bed beside him and started to shake him. He finally woke up and jumped up when he saw me sitting there.

"Marley what are you doing here?" Zayn yawned.

"I need to show you something. Earlier I went to see my psychologist for an extra meeting and after we finished talking he give me these letters." I looked down at the letters.

I handed Zayn the first letter, the official one and he read through it. I waited in silence and watched Zayn, he sighed through some parts and I didn't know how he would react. Finally he was done.

"It-

"There's another one." I sighed then handed him the one from Tyler.

Again he read through the letter but this one made him angry. It didn't take him long to read and understand this one though.

"This is bullshit!" Zayn cursed. "Tyler can't do this"

"Just because he can't doesn't mean he won't." I sighed.

"Well until the court case he officially doesn't have legal contact with you so this letter is crap." Zayn told me.

"I know but because he's my brother it can be ruled under unintentional family contact." I reminded him.

"And the court case is in two weeks? That's fast." Zayn remarked.

"Tyler gets things his own way." I shrugged.

"They would have informed dad that means he can come back and be your lawyer and I can assist him which would give us the upper hand." Zayn told me.

"Tyler will find a way to get custody of me." I sighed.

"No he won't and I'm not letting JC anywhere near you." Zayn told me.

"Yeah, I'm Brody's girlfriend." I smirked at Zayn and he's eyes went wide.

"What did I miss?" Zayn asked me.

"We're together but only you, Drake and Matt know." I told him.

"Drake? But you went on a date with him." Zayn said confused.

"Only to stop him from telling everyone but I actually really liked the date but I told Brody I didn't." I told Zayn.

"So you like Drake?" He asked me.

"I think I do even though I don't want to admit, I just need to spend more time with him to figure it out but with Brody around that won't happen." I sighed. "I'm happy with Brody though."

"That's great news sport, I'm over the moon for you now can I go back to sleep and sort this custody thing out in the morning?" Zayn yawned.

"Night Zayn." I smiled at him

I took my letters then left Zayn's room. I went back to my room to see Brody awake. I stuffed the letters behind my back before he could notice them.

"What are you doing awake?" I asked Brody.

"I could ask you the same thing." Brody yawned.

"Sore head." I lied.

"Awh come here babe." Brody said sitting up straight on the bed.