Chapter 23: taken

Wee competition. In the chapter I have three songs hidden in the language. Whoever get all three, I will dedicate the next chapter to them and whatever their name is, I will add it into the story. I'm not updating until all three are found. Send your guesses to me in a private message!! Have fun and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

*****************

"Two days Marley-Rose and then I'll have my sister back." Tyler smiled hugging me.

I was going back with Jake and everyone else to pack up my belongings and say my goodbyes. I had two days and then the official papers would be signed and I would be handed over to Tyler and JC.

"Bye." I smiled weakly at Tyler and JC.

I went to walk over to the ones I had to drive home but Brody got in my way.

"It's just you and my driving home together." Brody told me, he wasn't asking but telling me with a rare demanding tone in his voice.

I walked over to my car and Brody took the drivers side, wanting to drive so I walked around to the passengers side. I opened the car door but before I got in I looked up at Masons home and saw him in the top window looking down at me. He scared me yesterday so much, that's the reason I wanted to leave early. I wanted to put an ocean between me and Mason but I take what I can get. He smiled at me then I jumped into the car.

"Are you ok?" Brody asked me and I nodded looking back at my house as he drove away.

I had made phone calls last night. I was getting all my assets returned to me whether my uncles like it or not so I didn't really have a reason to stay here anyway. In the car I waited patiently for Brody to speak even though I dreaded the very thought of what he would say.

"What about us Marl, what about everything we've been through." Brody finally started.

"its so hard to say but i gotta do what's best for me, you'll be okay, i've got to move on and be who i am i just don't belong here i hope you understand." I sighed. "I gotta go my own way."

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked me.

"I gotta leave but I'll miss you." I looked up at him.

"Marley I know you don't want to leave. Please, don't let them bully you." Brody begged me.

"It's my decision." I sighed.

"So that's it, we're breaking up?" He asked me.

"Brody I love you, I want to run away and spend the rest of my life with you." I told him.

"Then let's do it!" Brody jumped at the Idea. "We both have money, we could go anywhere."

"I want to but I can't. Brody you don't understand and you never will." I shook my head.

I was getting warm now so I took off my jacket, without thinking, now Brody looked at my recent scars.

"I know I can make you stop. What happens next time when I'm not around to stop you, will you kill yourself?" Brody asked angrily.

I put my head down at his harsh words on a touchy subject.

"Marley I didn't mean it." Brody sighed.

"Yes you did. You think I'm a ticking time bomb." I snapped at Brody.

"You know I think you're stronger than your addiction." Brody took my hand but I snapped it back.

"I don't know that." I argued. "Every time you look at me I can see the pity in your eyes, the impatience, the frustration. I'm a liability. I am death."