Chapter 20: my scars

"Wake up beautiful."

I half opened my eyes, yawning and with awkward vision I saw JC smiling laying beside me in my bed. I opened my eyes fully when he bent down and kissed me right on the lips. I'm not going to lie, I slept with JC last night but I needed a rebound guy. I was really upset about Brody last night so I came to see JC and now were both laying naked under the covers.

"I wanna wake up with you beside me for the rest of my life." JC told me playing with my hair.

"We should get up." I looked away from him. "I've to go see my family today."

"Ok I'll come with you." He offered.

"I don't want you to JC." I told him sitting up and throwing his long shirt on my then I got out of his bed.

"It's ok, Tyler and I have to get some stuff ready for the case anyway." JC shrugged.

"I'll see you at breakfast." I said walking towards the door but he stopped me.

"Don't I get a kiss?" He asked me and I sighed to myself.

I turned around and leaned over the bed and kissed him quickly then rushed out the door. I skipped up the stairs to my floor and walked downy the hallways to my room. As I rounded the corner I bumped into someone, Brody, the only other person who's staying on this floor. I looked down at what I was wearing and so did Brody. JC's shirt was quite short on me, it didn't cover the scars on my legs anyway but I was more worried about what Brody would think of me wearing a mystery boys shirt.

"It looks like you had a good night." Brody said plainly.

"And we all know you did." I rolled my eyes and pushed past him.

So this was the way it would be between us, he didn't even care that I laid my heart on the line for him. Well I'm not being played anymore ..

I entered my room and stripped down then took a shower and changed into a pair of denim shorts a light floral crop top and red converse. I knew wearing shorts would show my scars but it was warm and I didn't care as much what people thought anymore. I left my hair down then grabbed my bag and left the room. I ran downstairs into the main kitchen were everyone was already, including JC....and Brody.

"Morning." I muttered grabbing a green apple.

Mostly everyone said morning back except a few.

"Drake will you hold the fort while I'm away today. You can all do your own thing if you want, but be back at the house by dinner time." I told my friends.

"You're going to see the family?" Ty asked me. "I'll come with you."

"I'll go alone." I stated. "I'm going now."

"Bye babe." JC leaned over the table to kiss me.

I only made it a short kiss because everyone was watching probably thinking I'm an idiot to take him back and now Brody knows he's the one I slept with last night. I grabbed my keys and left the house to avoid the awkwardness.

I opened the garage to see if my other cars were there but they weren't meaning my family took them, so I got in my original car and began driving to two of my uncles offices that they shared of SummernCorp which was legally half my company, and only a quarter Shane's and a quarter Ricks. Actually it was 51% mine so I had more power than both them put together.

I parked the car in the work car park and jumped out. I went to walk towards the building when I saw Brody get out of his parked car and run over to me. I folded my arms where reached me.

"You followed me." I frowned.

"Don't feel special." He smirked. "And don't say you don't want me here cause I'm staying."