> Sunshine <

WARNING: This will be quite long. I could make this into a whole story if I wanted. If you are triggered by any of the following don't read this. I have your best interest at heart and I don't want anything in this shot to trigger something. There will be mentions of rape, violence, abuse, cutting, suicidal themes, starving yourself, nightmares and insomnia.

~~~

James was the first to notice. How wouldn't he? The last time Aleks was slowly destroying himself, James came home from the office, finding Aleks as a sobbing and bleeding mess in their bathroom.

Once the nightmares began about his past, Aleks would begin to self destruct. He would stop eating, stop sleeping, and eventually try to stop breathing.

The first time this happened Aleks had Eddie to help him through the panic attacks and nervous breakdowns and late night nightmares. But once Eddie quit the creatures and moved that became James' job. James had to experience this first hand. It happened about three weeks after Aleks moved in with James. He had a panic attack and James helped him through it. That night Aleks told James everything. About his past, his anxiety, depression, the nightmares, the cutting, the self destructing. Aleks needed help and James was there to give him that. They got through it together and Aleks was healthy and happy once again.

The second person to notice Aleks' behavior was Jordan. He quickly asked James to meet him in his office the day he noticed.

"Im guessing you noticed as well?" James asked as he leaned against the door. Jordan nodded.

"James you need to make sure he doesn't fall back into his old ways. James please. We can't almost lose him like we did last time. I don't to be woken up at three in the morning to be told that my friend had tried to kill himself. Please James. He trusts you."

James nodded. "I know. I know. I'm going to talk to him later."

Aleks on the other hand, was sitting in his desk chair, clutching the wrist that he cut the night before. The nightmares were back and were getting worse the longer he kept it a secret. He didn't want to bother James, or let anyone know he wasn't okay knowing that the new interns had no idea about his problems.

Aleks knew that he should tell James and show him what he did, but he didn't want to trouble him. Aleks ran his fingers along the bandages covering the cuts on his wrists and debated going to James, but that though soon disappear as he heard his name being called.

"Aleksandr! Can you come to my office please?" James
yelled. Aleks hesitantly got up and walked to James' office, feeling weak and tired.

James was standing by the door so that once Aleks got in, James could pull Aleks into a hug. The smaller male hesitated before wrapping his arms around James.

James rubbed his hands down Aleks' sides and exhaled.

"Let me see you wrists." James mumbled in Aleks' ear. The Russian tensed and pulled out of the hug, bringing his left arm close to his chest protectively. He took a step back and shook his head side to side.

James frowned. A took a step closer to the boy who looked like he was about to bolt out the door at any second.

"Leksi, please. You know you can trust me. I just want you to be okay." James spoke softly as he reached out to Aleks. He let out a whimper and felt a tear slide down his face. He closed his eyes, pulled his hoodie sleeves up and held out his arms, keeping his eyes closed: not wanting to see James' disappointed look.