Hallucinations

"Well, that was the last thing I expected to hear today."

"Shut up and try again, Skywalker."

Luke smiles at me over his shoulder and attempts once again to sort out the vectored thrust nozzle, which has also succumb to the Dagobah environment. 

"It's this godforsaken environment wreaking havoc on all my electrical systems," I complain out loud, sighing angrily. "I hate to think what's happening to your X-Wing in that lovely, lovely lake."

"Shut up, Hawkins, or else I won't help you fix your thrust."

"Well, if you, one of the Rebellion's best pilots, hadn't crashed it in the lake in the first place, I wouldn't even have an insult now, would I?" I say. Now it's my turn to smile at him, and his turn to huff angrily. 

"Go and try it out, then," he says, gesturing for me to go up to the cockpit, and I do so, nearly tripping over Artoo, who's plugged into the controls, trying to find the problem, and he bleeps at me angrily for not noticing him. 

I head up to the cockpit and swivel the joystick that should in turn swivel the thrust. The light comes on, which usually indicates that it's pointing out the back, but I don't trust it. "How's that?" I call to Luke. 

"No!" he replies.

I grunt to myself. "But the light is on! Come on, you're not the Falcon!" 

I head back outside, and Luke moves away from the thrust systems almost immediately. I look inside the panel, only to find there's nothing wrong, and I huff angrily once again. 

"The light is on. There's nothing wrong," I snap at the thrust vectoring nozzles sarcastically. "You should be moving that way. Why aren't you."

Artoo bleeps a couple of frantic beeps, unplugging himself from the panel, clearly worried, and I sigh and look over to him. 

"No, I'm not mad at you, Artoo. I'm mad at this goddamn hunk of junk." I grunt again and kick the side of the fuselage, very hard. Pain immediately shoots up my leg, and I bite my lip and grit my teeth. 

"Did that help?" Luke asks, taking his jacket from a nearby tree and pulling it on. 

"Yes," I reply, slamming the panel door shut and beginning to stubbornly half walk, half hobble towards him. 

"Did that hurt?" he continues, raising an eyebrow at me. 

"Yes," I say, sitting down on the crates and lifting my foot to my knee so that I can rub it. "...Ow."

He smirks at me. "Oh, so reckless. Much anger in you," he croaks, mimicking Yoda, making me smile. 

"Shut up, Skywalker," I say lightly, laughing at him. I let my foot drop to the floor, the pain having subsided a bit, and I stand up slowly. "Anyway, I'd better get back to... Meditating, I suppose. Unless you want to spar for a bit."

He shrugs, walking over to me and places his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side. "That was nice," he whispers. 

I nod. "I've been meaning to say something for a while. I just didn't know how to."

I turn my body so that I can hug him, and I wrap my arms around his torso and rest my head on his shoulder, and he hugs me back. 

"However, I'm sorry for leaving you for so long without even saying anything. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you," I mumble.