Chapter 43

Johnson's POV

The drive to the restaurant was a little long. I could see Allie falling asleep from the corner of my eye.

Allie was sleeping, but I decided to wake her up. "Hey wake up sleepyhead," I said laughing.

"What? Are we here yet?," Allie said yawning.

I laughed and said, "Yeah." I pulled up to the restaurant and realized their was no guy there to park our car. "I'll go park the car and be right back," I said kissing Allie on the cheek as she got out of the car.

I was looking at Allie through the mirror and didn't realize I was driving on the wrong side of the road when... BOOM! I was out.

Allie's POV

I turned around to walk inside when I heard a loud crash. People started gathering around the cars that had crashed. I went over to see what happened.

Was that Jack's car? "JACK," I screamed starting to cry. I walked over to the cars and it was his car. "JACK WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED OH MY GOD JACK ARE YOU OKAY," I screamed with tears running down my face. My makeup was getting messed up, but I didn't care.

A guy held me back and said, "We're calling 911 calm down."

I turned around and pushed his arms off of me. "CALM DOWN? YOU EXPECT ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN THE LOVE OF MY LIFE WAS IN A CAR CRASH! I CAN'T CALM DOWN!," I screamed in his face.

He grabbed my shoulders and said, "I lost my wife to a car crash, I know what it's like." I calmed down a bit and hugged this random stranger crying into his shoulders.

The ambulance came and this nice police officer took me to the hospital right behind the ambulance Jack was in.

I called some of the guys letting them know what happened and telling them to meet us there as soon as possible.

We got to the hospital and I ran inside behind Jack. This couldn't be happening. It was my birthday and Jack was in the hospital.

Gilinsky's POV

"I'm here for-nevermind," I said to the lady at the front desk as I spotted Allie. I walked over to where Allie was sitting. "Allie are you okay?," I said putting my arm around her.

She looked up at me crying. My eyes were a little red from crying too, but I couldn't show it.

The doctor came out as more of the guys started showing up. "Who's here for Jack Johnson?," he asked as we stood up.

"We are," I said with my arm still comforting Allie.

He sighed and said, "I have some bad news." Allie held me even tighter while crying even louder.

"I'm sorry doctor my girlfriend is taking her to the cafeteria and you can explain the rest to us," I said while handing Allie to Madison.

Once they left the doctor spoke again. "He has severe trauma to the brain, he might have some memory loss which he will regain in about a month or so. I'm so sorry. You guys can go see him one by one, anymore than that might upset him," he said.

I couldn't believe it. I sat down waiting for Madison and Allie to return.

Allie's POV

I got a text from Gilinsky while I was eating pudding with Madison.

G- You can go see him first. He might have memory loss though🙁

I started tearing up. I had to stay strong in front of him so I quickly wiped my tears and headed upstairs.

We got to the 8th floor and I started walking towards Jack's room.

"Hey," I said trying to fight back my tears.

He sat up quickly. "Sorry I wasn't expecting company," he said while fixing his hair.

I walked closer to him, but was still pretty far away from him and said, "Do you- do you know who I am?"

Jack started thinking and said, "I think so, you're my sister right?" My heart broke. He didn't know who I was.

"No I'm not, I-," I couldn't speak. I ran out of the room crying.

Johnson's POV

A girl walked into the room. She was very pretty. I think she was my girlfriend, but I forgot her name. Ashley? Allie? Amanda? I don't know, something with an A.

I decided to make a joke with her saying she was my sister, but that upset her. "Ashley?," I screamed as she turned away. She still didn't answer. "Allie?," I said still unsure if she would respond. She didn't. I guess I didn't know her.

My thoughts were interrupted when my friend Jack Gilinsky came in. "Hey bro," I said smiling.

"Hey? You remember me?," he said confused.

I made a confused face and said, "Why would I forgot my best friend?"

He laughed and said, "Do you remember Allie?"

"YEAH! I KNEW I GOT HER NAME RIGHT! That's my girlfriend," I said sounding confident.

Gilinsky laughed and said, "Why'd she run out of here crying?"

"I don't know. Call her back in here," I said really wanting to talking to this hot girl.

Allie's POV

Gilinsky told me Johnson wanted to see me again. I didn't know why. He didn't even remember me, but I went inside anyways.

The second I walked in Johnson said, "I was kidding when I said you were my sister. I didn't mean to upset you. Come sit here." He patted a spot on the bed for me to sit down on.

"Oh," I said playing with my fingers.

He sit up even more and put his arms around me. "You're my girl Allie," he whispered sending chills down my body.

I turned around to face him. I kissed him, but he didn't kiss back. I pulled away tearing up.

"Did I do something wrong?," he asked looking upset.

I looked down at the ground trying to fight back my tears and said, "You- you didn't kiss me back."

"Oh sorry," he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

The doctor walked in and said, "He has to spend the night, but you guys can sign the papers to pick him up tomorrow."

I nodded my head and told Jack I was going to go sign the paper then go home. He was okay with that.

Before this, Jack would've asked me to spend the night. I was hurt that he didn't. He remembered everyone, but me. I got him back just to lose him again.