Chapter 39

Allie's POV

It's been 3 years since I last spoke to Jack. The last time I even saw him was before I stepped off that tour bus.

I'm still friends with most of the guys. Noah and I still remained friends after I left the tour. Alexis and Nate are dating and Madison and Gilinsky have been together for a long time. Bianca and Sam have been dating for 4 years and I turned 21 tomorrow. I was super excited.

I was laying in bed on my phone. I decided to get up and take a quick shower then meet up with Gilinsky, Madison, Sam, and Bianca at Taco Bell to discuss my birthday plans.

Carter was going to throw a party tonight in honor of me turning 21. He didn't invite Jack because he knew that would be awkward for me and I didn't bother arguing that it wasn't weird.

I got out of the shower and dried off. I straightened my hair and did my normal makeup routine. I wore a pink flowing strapless shirt and ripped white jeans with white wedges.

I looked at the clock and it was 11:00 am. I was super hungry so I decided to go to the iHop nearby to get food.

I got in my car and started driving. It wasn't too far so I didn't bother turning on the radio. I got my Michael Kors bag and started walking inside.

I was sitting down ordering when I felt someone tap me. I didn't know if someone did or I felt something so I waited until it happened again but it didn't.

"Allie?," a familiar voice said.

I turned around to see Jack. "Jack," I said not looking happy.

He started rubbing the back of his neck. He would always do this when he was nervous. "Is this seat uh taken?," he asked pointing to the seat across from me.

I didn't know what to say. I froze. I thought about it for a while and finally said, "Um no it's not, be my guest."

He took a seat across from me and smiled saying, "How have you been?"

"I've been good, how about yourself," I said managing to fake a smile.

"Good good. Your birthdays tomorrow are you excited?," he said.

He remembered my birthday. Wow. I didn't mean to say this but I said it. I said, "Yeah, you should come to the party Carter is throwing for me tonight."

Jack sat there thinking. "I mean I would love to, but I have a date with my girlfriend tonight," he said awkwardly.

I blurted out, "Bring her! I'd love to meet her!" I regretted it the second those words left my mouth.

"Alright," Jack said smiling.

Johnson's POV

Why did I tell Allie I had a girlfriend? I don't. This is going to be so embarrassing. I have to make up a lie. I'll just say she was sick or something. I just didn't want Allie to know I got super happy when she asked me to come tonight. My feelings for her never left and I knew that.

We sat there catching up for an hour. We ordered and I told the waiter what she wanted because I already knew. She blushed when I did that, but I didn't bother saying anything. It was so cute.

I went to go reach for the bill and take out my wallet, but Allie stopped me.

"What are you doing?," she asked laughing.

"I was uh paying," I said nervously.

She started laughing again and finally said, "Jack we're not dating anymore I can pay and besides you should be saving money for your girl."

I sat there frozen. I didn't have a girl. She was the only girl I wanted.